Night Auditor - (F-F-NA.9)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Responsible for periodic comprehensive reviews of the audit procedures for effectiveness and relevance towards preset goals.
1. To manage hotel systems including execution of end of day and month end routines, performing required backup and other system dedicated tasks.
2. To periodically test hotel systems (PMS, POS and Interfaces) for correct handling of charges originated from and processed by these system.
3. To review allowance and adjustments to verify proper backup, appropriate signatures, and a full explanation of the reason for the adjustment exists.
4. To verify that F&B revenue from the POS system totals match the PMS totals for that day and that numbers are entered correctly on the revenue report.
5. To verify that all dockets have been accounted for banquets and meetings and verify that the total on the POS system, ensuring the all the items on the Banquet Event Order have been charged to the docket, total charged is the amount of the guarantee or greater, proper billing instruction have been followed, client signature is present on the docket, calculation are correct.
6. To verify that all credit cards are successfully transmitted on a daily basis and ensure that bank actual ties to the amount shown on the settlement and transmittal report. Investigate any variances, and resolve by the following business day.
7. To review the posted room revenue and average rates by segmentation to ensure proper coding and tracking of room revenue. The budget check, rate variance, and high balance report are to be reviewed to ensure potential problems have been identified.
8. To review the Room Discrepancy report for Housekeeping to ensure that all variance have been resolved and all occupied rooms have been checked in to the PMS.
9. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
10. Keeps updated with the latest market trends and new product.
11. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
12. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
13. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
14. Review items voided to verify that backup exists and that manager or supervisor has completed the voids, also review all allowances, house charges, and discount dockets to ensure proper backup exist.
15. Verify that the total cash from the PMS and POS system reconcile, ensure there are no negative cash posting.
16. A credit card refund must be approved by Financial Controller and file must be maintained for audit purpose.
17. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
18. Attends departmental meetings and daily briefings as required.
19. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
20. Strictly adheres to the hotel?s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
21. To actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
22. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Financial Accountant/Assistant Financial Controller.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Accounting Principles and Double Entry
Basic Working Knowledge of Opera, Sun, Micros
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of Accounting Principles and Double Entry
Good Working Knowledge of Opera, Sun, Micros
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working in a Finance Department
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working in a Finance Department in Hotels