Steward - (FB-SW-H-SW.32)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Under the supervision of the Stewarding Supervisor is responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen area through washing of chinaware, flatware, pots and pans and polishing of silverware following the hygiene and cleaning standard procedures of the hotel.
1. Cleans kitchen walls and floors in accordance with regular cleaning schedules.
2. Cleans shelving and surrounding areas and ensures these are safe and dry at all times to prevent slipping.
3. Cleans/Washes all cooking utensils per required standards and stacks washed utensils in the appropriate racks/trolleys for easier access.
4. Regularly inspects and cleans stacking areas to keep these neat and tidy.
5. After each wash, polishes equipment (e.g., chafing dish, silver trays, etc.), applying appropriate chemicals and procedures.
6. Refuse is securely bagged and recyclable materials correctly separated.
7. Issue equipment needed for set-up, per request or event order.
8. Stack all equipment issued on proper trolley or racks for easier access as well as prevention of breakage.
9. Use chemicals and detergents only in accordance with authorized use, to prevent damage, or risk to safety and health, Complies with all safety measures while using chemicals.
10. Ensure that dishwashing and other machines used in stewarding are kept in working condition by following appropriate procedures in the use of said machines.
11. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
12. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
13. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
14. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
15. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
16. Control on wastage of water, chemicals, electricity & general cleaning materials.
17. Actively participates in all breakage reduction programmes for all SOE’s.
18. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
19. Attends all required briefings/meetings.
20. Ensure that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
21. Strictly follows the hotel FSMS Program, including the cleanliness of all restaurants and bars, personal hygiene standards for all food handlers and monthly Hygiene Audits. (Please refer to HACCP Hygiene and Sanitation.)
22. Actively participates in all EHSMS requirements.
23. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Chief Steward.
24. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Excellent Working Knowledge of HACCP Systems and Requirements
Good Knowledge of Cleaning Systems
Good Knowledge of Inventory Systems
Good Knowledge of Deep Cleaning Systems
Intermediate Spoken and Basic Written English
Industry Based Certifications
High School Graduate
Minimum of 2-Years Experience in a Similar Capacity within 3 or 4 Star Hotels
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity 5-Star Hotels