F&B Hostess - (FB-S-F-FBH.8)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Under the guidance of the Outlet/Restaurant Manager or delegate carries out the requests for the smooth running of the outlet host/ess operation to the required standards.
1. To ensure that all the menus are clean and in good condition, if there are any not up to standard, to be taken out of circulation.
2. To ensure that the flower arrangements are in good condition and maintain the same. Also, to ensure that the candle stands are clean, the telephone and music system is clean, the entrance area is clean and tidy, and that the restaurant smells fresh at all times.
3. To examine reservation lists, checking for group bookings and getting the tables organized.
4. To ensure that there is suitable music playing at all times in the Restaurant and at the correct volume.
5. To seat the guests, give the menu and explain the system of our buffet too. To introduce the ‘Server’ of the table to the guest
6. If the guest readily orders beverages upon being seated; order to be taken and handed over to the server assigned to that particular table.
7. To take note of the menus including the daily specials.
8. To maintain discreet observation of guests for signals where they may need assistance.
9. To ensure to check all public areas of the outlets for cleanliness including toilets.
10. To demonstrate the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
11. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
12. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
13. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
14. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
15. Ensures all reservations are effectively managed to ensure no guests are turned away and losing revenue.
16. Effective table management ensures the waiters have enough time to provide timely and quality service thus waiters up sells increasing revenue.
17. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
18. Attends all required management meetings.
19. Ensure that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
20. Strictly follows the hotel FSMS Program, including the cleanliness of all restaurants and bars, personal hygiene standards for all food handlers and monthly Hygiene Audits. (Please refer to HACCP Hygiene and Sanitation.)
21. Actively participates in all EHSMS requirements.
22. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Outlet/Restaurant Manager.
23. Strictly adheres to the hotle's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Food
Basic Working Knowledge of Beverages
Intermediate Spoken English
Good Working Knowledge of Food & Beverage
Additional Spoken Languages
Advanced Spoken and Basic Written English
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certifications
Minimum of 1-Year