Social Media & PR Executive - (G-E-SM & PRE.1)
Full job details
Scope of Work
The Social Media & PR Executive will be responsible for increasing hotel marketing communication across a variety of social media platforms to engage the audience in relevant conversations and coordinate all public relations activities.
1. To oversee and manage social media accounts (twitter, facebook, linkedin, instagram, Google and other social media channels in accordance with the hotel standards.
2. The candidate will be primarily responsible for developing& executing strategies to promote the hotel across Social Media Networks with various Social Media Marketing tools provided in a global environment.
3.To run high priority social creative campaigns, media engagement and third parties as required and ensuring that all work is aligned with brand marketing plans and campaigns.
4. To be responsible for reflecting the style and tone of voice across social media marketing and ensure that content and conversations match audience needs.
5.Content creation, assimilation & distribution on Social Media Networks in appropriate situations.
6.To advise and participate in the development and delivery of a social media strategy for hotel products & services.
7.Conceptualize and execute social media campaigns, contest etc…
8. To source content and supply the copy and images for the blog, based on content required for email, website and social media campaigns.
9. To create assets (images, gifs, video) that can be used across the social media channels in line with marketing priorities.
10. To assists with photo shoots as required.
11. Will be responsible for participation in forums, message boards and discussion threads representing hotel in a dynamic manner.
12. To build relationships with key influencers on social media to enrich hotel social output and grow audience reach and approval.
13. Contribute to regular reviews with colleagues to review core campaign output.
14.To understand Social Media Traffic Analytics and how to aggregate them using appropriate content, methods and strategies to optimize social media campaigns.
15. Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to General Manager.
16. Manage marketing budget allocation for social media campaigns and ensure campaigns are delivered within budgets and within agreed time frames.
17. Provide support to other team members on online promotions (such as campaigns and email marketing).
18. Coordinate with the Corporate Office – Social Media team to ensure that all promotions, packages, flyers, and others are uploaded on social media channels & DH&R website where appropriate.
19. Coordinating with the Corporate Office – Social Media team the marketing calendar of hotel with online activities on social media.
20. Ability to cross-train other employees on electronic and social marketing related functions.
PR Job Responsibilities
1.Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for clients.
2.Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
3.Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media.
4.Attending and promoting hotel events to the media.
5. Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
6. Supervise the maintenance of a mailing list consisting of a record of former and existing clients of the hotel.
7. Organize regular visits by the media to the hotel.
8. Closely observes matters pertaining to PR activities of the hotel and other hotels (competitors) on a regular basis.
9. Ensure optimum publicity is created for all major hotel happenings.
1.Attends all hotel trainings as required.
2. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
3. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
1. Gains understanding of the departmental goals and financial revenue targets.
2. Controls the budget according to the marketing plan and business requirements.
3. To help control operating costs within the standards set under the direction of the department Manager.
1.Expert level knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and working knowledge of web analytics Software.
2.Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, calendaring, and email management.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with target population at the hotel level through the use of social media.
4.Ability to create, compose, and edit written and electronic materials.
1. Drive efficiency and effectiveness in everything the hotel delivers to provide value for money.
2.Attends departmental meetings and takes meeting minutes when necessary.
3.Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
4.Strictly adheres to the company policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
5. Actively participate in all required meetings.
6. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the General Manager.
Competencies & Skills
- Learning & Continuous Development
- Communication Skills
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Winning Attitude
- Impact & Influence
- Decision Making
- Patient & kind
- Sense of Humor
- Outgoing & friendly
- Basic Knowledge in creating press releases
- Good Working Knowledge of Online Marketing Strategies and Designs
- Advanced Spoken and Written English
- Good Working Knowledge of all Social Media Types
- An understanding of online branding
- Social Media advertising experience
- Strong understanding of digital marketing
- Relevant educational background (Business, Marketing or PR) or equivalent experience in social media and digital marketing
- Must be a Graduate with 0-2 years experience in Internet & Social Media Marketing. Should have a fair idea of how Social Networking works for hotel
- Industry Based Certifications or Relevant Experience in the Social Media Field
- Minimum 2 - Years Experience Working in Similar Capacity
- Tech Savvy & Experience in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube and other popular social media channels
Travel Date Needed By # of Hires Needed 1