The HVAC Manager p lan and implement a preventive maintenance program for all machinery and equipment associated with ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning as prescribed by manufacturers and/or as required to maintain the standards of the resort’s operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Undertake corrective maintenance on all machinery and equipment associated with ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning as required, to ensure guests satisfaction and comfort.
- Plan and supervise execution of day to day repairs and up keeping of installations, machinery and equipment related to ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning of the Resort.
- Design, implement and constantly improve Standard Operating Procedures related to his/her sections so as to ensure consistency in the delivery of excellent service.
- Follow-up on correct execution of works entrusted to subcontractors, direct reports and on development projects.
- Assists the hydraulic team in the maintenance of the chill water network.
- Strictly observe all environmental statutory requirements and promote environmentally friendly policies and practices.
- Keep and organized files of all documents related to the characteristics of operating system, installation, equipment or machinery. Log all information relative to energy consumption, preventive maintenance actions and repairs on all essential equipment ventilation , refrigeration and air conditioning and the like).
- Organize, deploy and supervise staff under his direct supervision.
- Ensure that the ventilation, refrigeration and AC section of the maintenance department have the appropriate staffing levels for efficient operations while achieving set employee productivity targets.
- Ensure that the direct reports receive appropriate and adequate training, supervision and assistance in order to achieve the desirable level of performance in the all their tasks.
- Regularly appraise his subordinates in order to give them feedback of essential information to enable them to constantly improve their performance.
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met as well as the maintenance of safe work practices and observance of safety rules and precautions.
- Continually monitor and analyze utilities consumptions for major equipment to optimize efficiency of these different equipment.
- Monitor and control expenses in order to remain within established budgets for his sections.
- Report on the administration and operation of the ventilation, Refrigeration and AC systems on a regular basis as per established policies.
- Monitor the stock level of spares and consumables for the HVAC using the Prolific system.
- Advise on technical specifications for materials related to HVAC important to the operation of the resort.
- Ensure proper use of chemicals and provide relevant training to his subordinates and passes on his professional knowledge.
- Assists the department manager in the planning and installation of new equipment, systems and/or facilities.
Candidate Requirements :
- Diploma in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Minimum 3 years working experience on supervisory
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety and hygiene procedures.
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays and during cyclonic weather