The Welder/Fabricator is responsible to p erform MIG (Metal Inert Gas), TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas), Arc welding, Gas welding and brazing on any types of metallic objects or components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Perform MIG (Metal Inert Gas), TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas), Arc welding, Gas welding and brazing on any types of metallic objects or components.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform repairs as needed on metal parts or components as is applicable.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair and adjust welding defects in equipment/structures.
- Layout, position, align and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using tools such as straight edges, combination squares, calipers and rulers.
- Evaluate status of mechanical
- Equipment and vehicles and perform or required welding/fabricating repair works.
- Provide emergency field assistance to disabled equipment as needed and appropriate.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for welding repair works
- Assist with the ordering of consumables to maintain sufficient inventory for welding repairs and maintenance.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Report all disciplinary grievances to the Assistant Manager Maintenance.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate security and safety standards
- Organize and maintain a clean service area and maintenance building.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Manager
- Ensure Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are etc.
- Ensure and maintain that Health and Safety practices are followed at all times.
- Adhere to fire alarm or any emergency statutory procedures in the event of fire.
- Promote energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the green globe Policy.
- In case of fire or any other emergency, the welder/fabricator should be present with the team to assist the Emergency Team
- Ensure that any breakdown of equipment and services reported and are dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Ensure that in the context of the operations, all standards of management for the environment and its related legislation are strictly observed.
Candidate Requirements :
- Certificate in Welding & Fabrication
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as welder / Apprentice in hotel industry
- Effective communication skills and pleasant personality are a must.
- Energetic, flexible and can handle pressure
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety procedures
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays and
during cyclonic weather