Team Leader - Front Desk - (RD-FO-F-TL-FD.7)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Ensures all guests who visit the hotel receive a level of service and hospitality that exceeds their expectations by giving an added value experience through attention to detail and continuous customer focus.
1. Controls room status in order to obtain the maximum room revenue with maximum occupancy and service quality to provide guest satisfaction.
2. Updates Front Office information board as often as necessary.
3. Ensures the circulation of memos and flow of information within the department is going smoothly.
4. Carries out a thorough shift handover at the beginning and end of each shift and checks that all items requiring attention are detailed in reception logbook and initialed once completed, ensure the same is followed by all GSAs.
5. Supervises all activities of Front Desk colleagues and assigns duties as needed to the different areas within the department.
6. Ensure CID is sent on time and focuses on a strong follow up and extra attention to the Police requirements in sending guest information as per provided standards, assuring no fines are received.
7. Anticipates sold out situations and knows how many rooms are overbooked.
8. Actively involved in promoting and selling Food & Beverage events / in house facilities and hotel/company.
9. Maintains effective communication with all other departments to ensure smooth service delivery.
10. Displays a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and promotes a good company image to guests and colleagues.
11. Inspects rooms when necessary.
12. Handles guest complaints on the spot concerning Front Desk Service and shares the information with other departments if necessary. Notifies the Assistant/Front Office Manager of any guest complaints.
13. Is aware of all expected VIP arrivals and departures and those already in-house and is familiar with the names, affiliation and room numbers as an indication of personal courtesy and recognition.
14. Replaces Night Manager and Duty Manager on days off and annual leave if required.
15. Maintains the cleanliness and tidiness of the Front Desk area, utilizes free time for tidiness of work areas.
16. Ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
17. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics and ensure the whole of the Front Office department continually follows the same.
18. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
19. Provides feedback on performance for the purpose of performance evaluations as required regarding colleague probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
20. Personally conducts training for all Front Office colleagues as required.
21. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
22. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
23. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
24. Responsible for the cashiering float in accordance with company procedure and to inform any overage/shortage to the Duty Manager, ensure to control the same for all GSAs.
25. Ensures that own accounting auditing practices as well as for all GSAs are in line with company requirements.
26. Ensures maximum room revenue through up-selling, drives up selling figures to the optimum.
27. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
28. Attends Management meetings as required.
29. Ensure effective two way communication within the department by regular departmental communication meetings and daily briefings.
30. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Front Desk.
31. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
32. To ensure self and all Front Desk colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
32. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Front Office Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Good Working Knowledge of Front Office Procedures
Good Working Knowledge of Opera
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of General Hotel Operations
Additional Spoken Languages
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Certificate/Diploma in Any Field
Minimum of 2-Years Experience in a Similar Capacity Within 3 or 4 Star Hotels
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity Within 5 Star Hotels
Previous Experience Working Within Hotels in the UAE