Assistant Executive Housekeeper - (RD-HK-C-AEHK.4)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
To assist the Executive Housekeeper to manage the Housekeeping department, and all other related sections to be a most effective and profitable unit and to assist other departments to maintain and improve the services provided to the guests and fellow colleagues.
1. Screens and acknowledges daily work schedules.
2. Inspects entire hotel & premises as frequently as possible, to ensure all areas are kept clean and in good condition.
3. To prepare and issue room status reports.
4. Distributes and control keys to Housekeeping colleagues.
5. Maintains proper record and control procedures for lost and found items.
6. Ensures that par stocks of operating supplies and equipment are met the standard procedures of Housekeeping.
7. To demonstrate the 12-Service Excellence Basics and ensure the whole of the Housekeeping and Laundry departments continually follows the same.
8. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
9. Conducts performance evaluations as required regarding colleague probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
10. Regularly solicits feedback from supervisors on colleague performance as well as making personal observations and discusses the same with Executive Housekeeper.
11. In conjunctions with the Executive Housekeeper establishes comprehensive training programmes for the department.
12. Evaluates departmental training sessions.
13. Personally conducts training for all Housekeeping colleagues as required.
14. Supervises staff activities to maximize revenue and minimize costs.
15. Implements strategies aimed at cost minimization, productivity maximization without reduction of Quality Standards.
16. Attends Management meetings and daily briefings in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
17. Ensure effective two way communication within the department by regular departmental communication meetings and daily briefings.
18. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
19. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
20. To ensure self and all Housekeeping department colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
21. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Executive Housekeeper.
Competencies & Skills
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Excellent Working Knowledge of OPERA
Excellent Working Knowledge of Cleaning Systems
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of Housekeeping Hotel Classification Requirements
Good Working Knowledge of EHS Management Systems
Good Working Knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Systems
Degree in Hospitality Management
Minimum 3-Years experience as a Senior Housekeeping Supervisor in 4 or 5 star hotels
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in the Same Capacity in 5 Star Hotels
International experience in the MENA region