Guest Service Agent - Telephone Operator - (RD-FO-G-GSA-TO.21)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
To ensure the smooth running of the hotel telephone system handling all incoming and outgoing calls efficiently and as per hotel standards.
1. Provides all communications both external and internal professionally and with the good level of language skills.
2. Operates the hotel switchboard, incoming and outgoing faxes, and hotel?s paging system.
3. Records and transfers calls within the time frame indicated in the standards.
4. Provides telephone services to guests such as wake-up calls, message taking and paging service.
5. Provides and updates departmental telephone directory regularly.
6. To demonstrate the 12-Service Excellence Basics
7. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
8. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
9. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
10. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
11. Records all charges in accordance with the hotel credit policy.
12. Controls the expenses according to the departmental plan.
13. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
14. Attends meetings and daily briefings as required.
15. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
16. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
17. To actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
18. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Assistant Front Office/Front Office Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Guest Service
Basic Working Knowledge of Computer Systems
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Basic Working Knowledge of Telephone Systems
Additional Spoken Languages
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certifications
Minimum of 1-Year Working Experience
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity Within Hotels
Previous Working Experience in the UAE