Assistant Front Office Manager - (RD-FO-C-AFOM.7)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
To assist the Front Office Manager in leading and managing all sections of the Front Office Department in order to ensure the highest standards of service in accordance with the operating procedures and hotel standards.
1. Directs Front Office operations such as checking in, checking out and providing guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all Front Office policies, procedures and standards and satisfaction of guests? needs.
2. Assist the Front Office Team under the guidance of the Front Office Manager in the execution of their duties to maximise the operational efficiency of the department.
3. Maintains high visibility during peak periods in order to ensure the smooth running of operations, promotes good public relations, takes corrective actions and handles guests' complaints to ensure their satisfaction.
4. To effectively monitor and review all departmental standards as well as the policies and procedures of the company.
5. To ensure that all colleagues are fully aware of relevant information concerning the hotel as well as all promotions within the company.
6. To be fully conversant with all UAE legislation that relates to hotel operation and has a direct impact on guest service.
7. Is aware of all expected VIP arrivals and departures and those already in-house and is familiar with the names, affiliation and room numbers as an indication of personal courtesy and recognition. Meet VIP guests upon arrival and escorts them to the rooms as required.
8. To ensure that returning guests are welcomed back to the hotel and guest preferences and special requests are communicated to all concerned departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
9. To conduct regular inspections of the hotel, ensuring the safety and security of all guests and colleagues. To report and non compliances or unusual/suspicious activities to the concerned department.
10. To record all incidents or complaints in the Duty Manager Log Book and discuss the same with the Front Office Manager.
11. To ensure that telephones are answered quickly and efficiently, following company standards.
12. To be fully conversant with the Front Office 'Down Time' procedures and to carry out your role swiftly in the event of a system failure.
13. To be fully conversant with the hotel IT systems and interfaces and to be able to fix any problems, with assistance of IT.
14. To demonstrate the 12-Service Excellence Basics and ensure the whole of the Front Office department continually follows the same.
15. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
16. Conducts performance evaluations as required regarding colleague probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
17. In conjunctions with the Front Office Manager establishes comprehensive training programmes for the department.
18. Evaluates departmental training sessions.
19. Personally conducts training for all Front Office colleagues as required.
20. Maximizes hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking packages, up selling, reinforcing the late charge policy to maximize REVPAR.
21. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and manning guide and manages within budgetary guidelines.
22. Implements strategies aimed at cost minimization, productivity maximization without reduction of Quality Standards.
23. Attends Management meetings and daily briefings in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
24. Ensure effective two way communication within the department by regular departmental communication meetings and daily briefings.
25. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Front Office department.
26. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
27. To ensure self and all Front Office colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
28. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Front Office Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Good Working Knowledge of Opera System
Good Working Knowledge of Front Office Procedures
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Good Working Knowledge of Hotel Classification Requirements
Basic Working Knowledge of E-Commerce
Additional Spoken Languages
Bachelors Degree in Any Field
Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management
Minimum of 3-Years Experience in Senior Position with Front Office in 3 or 4 Start Hotels
Minimum of 2-Years Experience in a Senior Position within Front Office in 5 Star Hotels
Previous Experience within UAE Hotels