Catering & Banquet Sales Manager - (SM-D-CBSM.5)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales & Marketing within the limits of the established policies, procedures oversees and implements all sales activities in his/her specific area of responsibility.
1. Implements all sales action plans related banqueting and meetings.
2. Attends major event functions (i.e. trade shows, associations) that deal specifically with banqueting and meeting events.
3. Establishes and maintains files on major active accounts within his/her designated area(s).
4. Interacts with other Sales Managers within the hotel and other hotels as well as individuals outside the hotel within banqueting and meeting including, but not limited to, clients, local hotel associations, and other members of the local community.
5. Plans sales trips, under the direct approval of Director of Sales & Marketing to major marketing areas, calling on accounts that produce banqueting and meeting event. Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing on potential markets needing coverage.
6. Provides feedback to the Director of Sales & Marketing on changing market conditions, including trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail, in his/her market areas.
7. Arranges FAM/Site inspection trips to hotels by major clients and accompanies clients.
8. Disseminates sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
9. Maintains a high level of exposure in the hotel major market areas through direct sales solicitation; telephone contacts, and written communications.
10. Submit weekly sales activity report to the Director of Sales & Marketing
11. Establishes and monitor a Monthly Sales Report.
12. Monitors new accounts and monthly productivities and report back.
13. Develops prospects accounts, and implement a Sales Action Plan for each account.
14. Drawing up offers and contracts and general correspondence with guests concerning Banquet events.
15. Responsible for drawing up function sheets / filling up event order information and their distribution.
16. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
17. Keeps updated with new product in the market.
18. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
19. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
20. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
21. Sells and promotes hotel and facilities at every opportunity.
22. Constant follow-up of tentative/request groups to secure confirmation.
23. Control of invoices for completeness and payment on time.
24. Actively participates in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives.
25. Attends departmental meetings as required.
26. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
27. Strictly adheres to the hotel's policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
28. Actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
29. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Event Management
Basic Working Knowledge of Creating and Maintaining Business Accounts
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Basic Working Knowledge of OPERA /PMS Systems
Basic Working Knowledge of On-Line Distribution Channels
High School Graduate
Certificate/Diploma in Sales & Marketing/Event Management
Minimum 2-Years Experience as a Sales Executive or Event/Banquet Coordinator
Minimum 2-Years Experience as a Sales Executive or Event/Banquet Coordinator in 4 or 5 Star Hotels
Minimum 2-Years Experience as a Sales Executive in 4 or 5 Star Hotels in the UAE/GCC