Barman - (FB-S-G-BM.13)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Under the guidance of the Outlet/Bar Manager or delegate carries out the requests for the smooth running of the outlet/bar to the required standards.
1. Should have thorough knowledge of all menu items and service procedures.
2. Set up Bar as per outlet’s requirement.
3. Check stock level against Bar par.
4. Complete all necessary requisition documents.
5. Ensure the glassware used is correct, clean and not chipped.
6. To open inter bar transfer form when issuing beverages to other outlets.
7. Ensure all operating equipment i.e. coffee machine, draft tap etc are properly cleaned and flushed out at the end of each shift.
8. Interacts with guests in each of the outlets to solicit comments.
9. Communicates with the Outlet/Bar Manager/Head Waiter any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information.
10. To maintain discreet observation of guests for signals where they may need assistance or to order additional beverages.
11. To demonstrate the 12-SEB’s.
12. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
13. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
14. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
15. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
16. To actively use up selling techniques at every opportunity in order to maximize sales opportunities.
17. In coordination with the Restaurant/Bar Cashier, ensure that all guest checks are accurate and processed according to hotel standards.
18. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
19. Attends all required management meetings.
20. Ensure that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
21. Strictly follows the hotel FSMS Program, including the cleanliness of all restaurants and bars, personal hygiene standards for all food handlers and monthly Hygiene Audits. (Please refer to HACCP Hygiene and Sanitation.)
22. Actively participates in all EHSMS requirements.
23. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
24. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Outlet/Bar Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Food
Basic Working Knowledge of Beverages
Basic Spoken English
Good Working Knowledge of Food
Good Working Knowledge of Beverages
Intermediate Spoken and Basic Written English
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certifications
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity Within 3 or 4 Star Hotels
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity Within 5 Star Hotels
Travel None Date Needed By # of Hires Needed 1