Guest Service Agent - Front Desk - (RD-FO-F-GSA-FD.38)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
To carry out the efficient operation of the Reception/Cashiering function in accordance with hotel standards and company policy.
1. To greet smile and welcome all guests to the hotel.
2. To provide an efficient and friendly check-in and check-out according to company standards.
3. To handle guest requests ensuring that all matters are dealt with efficiently and promptly taking preference over administrative tasks.
4. To inform all relevant departments regarding special guest requests.
5. To ensure that returning guests are welcomed back to the hotel and guest preferences and special requests are communicated to all concerned departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
6. To be fully aware of hotel room rates, availability, promotions, services and facilities.
7. To take reservations for accommodation according to company policy.
8. To be aware of specific daily functions and events as detailed in the forecasts, in order to deal efficiently with guest enquiries.
9. To liaise with the Team Leader-Front Desk and Housekeeping to ensure an efficient supply of guest rooms.
10. To ensure that telephones are answered quickly and efficiently following company standards.
11. To inform guests of the facilities within the hotel. To promote the Food and Beverage outlets to increase internal revenue, provide guests with details on local information and activities as required.
12. To carry out a thorough shift handover at the beginning and end of each shift and to check that all items requiring attention are detailed in the Reception logbook and isigned once completed.
13. To ensure that all guest and internal messages are relayed promptly and accurately.
14. To keep the Front office management informed of any faults or complaints reported.
15. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
16. Keeps updated with all new trends in hotel services as well as relevant local and international laws and new products in the market.
17. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
18. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
19. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
20. To be fully aware of the hotel's selling status in order to maximise room occupancy, average room rates and additional revenue.
21. To act efficiently as a general cashier as per company standards.
22. To accept cash, approved credit cards, travellers cheques and foreign currency following set guide lines and polices laid out in the company standards.
23. To be responsible for a cashiering float in accordance with company procedure and to inform any overage/shortage to the Team Leader - Front Desk/Duty Manager.
24. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
25. Attends departmental meetings and daily briefings as required.
26. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
27. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
28. Actively participates in all EHSMS requirements.
29. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Front Office Manager
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Guest Service
Basic Working Knowledge of Cash Handling
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Basic Working Knowledge of Opera
Additional Spoken Languages
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Certificate/Diploma in Any Field
Minimum of 1-Year Working Experience
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity Within Hotels
Previous Working Experience in the UAE