Attractive salary and Benefits
Mondrian Doha, opening in late 2016, brings the up-all-night intensity, energy and Sunset Strip vibe of the original Hollywood Mondrian to the West Bay Lagoon neighborhood of Doha, capital city of Qatar.
Mondrian Doha will buzz with the instant gratification, the perfect provocative moment, perpetual possibility and confident cool that Mondrian is known for worldwide. Mondrian’s famous lobby scene, the soul of the hotel, will recreate the see-and-be-seen vibe of the original and will be the place to meet for a cocktail and intense mingling.
This is an Exciting opportunity to join our pre opening Team at Doha. Mondrian Doha will be Morgans Hotel first Hotel in the Middle East, with more in the pipeline. We are a luxury lifestyle brand, and we are looking for a dynamic, experienced, enthusiastic and energetic professional.
Under the guidance of the Director of Engineering / Engineering Supervisor or designate, to maintain equipment and building in high standard and to ensure that the hotel gives the illusion to every arriving guest that they are the only person to have used the facility
Duties & Functions:
- To be responsible for plant , Water, Pumps, Boilers, Fire system, including testing and maintenance
- To be responsible for water hygiene and recording of results
- To ensure that Health & Safety legislation records are logged and maintained
- To source and Contract suppliers as required
- To organize schedules & method of works and risk assessments for plant related areas
- To be on call for any plant emergency
- To carry out PPM checks
- To carry out all plumbing, piping, water system, pool equipment, fire pumps, boiler management and servicing
- To carry out maintenance duties as required
- To attend to repair or replace of all bathroom/toilet fixture in guest rooms, back of the house and public areas
- To participate in hotel energy conservation program
- To attend all on job training in accordance with the departmental standard and procedures
- To supervise the issue of tools relating to the Engineering department and their safe return
- To be responsible for contractors working on site, their safety induction and maintenance of records of all jobs undertaken
- To liaise with contractors and suppliers
- To raise, accept and monitor POs
- To accept deliveries in an appropriate and timely manner
- To supervise the maintenance team any external contractors who may be employed by the hotel to carry out maintenance work
- To ensure that all records in the areas of health and safety are kept up to date
- To form part of the fire team and assist in any emergencies which may arise
- To monitor the utility readings for the hotel to ensure good power management
- To be aware of changes in regulations, environmental issues
- To carry out other work which might reasonably be required and to be available for emergency callout
- To work closely with Assistant Director of Engineering to help re-organize the department to ensure an efficient process of working
- To plan small guest projects to ensure minimum impact
- To oversee the team’s work and contractors’ work to ensure deadlines are met and work is completed to a set standard
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Sound knowledge of mechanical, plumbing and electrical issues.
- Understand fully the products and tools that are used within the department.
- Electrical, mechanical and plumbing qualifications preferred.
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- To maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork