Attractive salary and Benefits
Mondrian Doha, opening in late 2016, brings the up-all-night intensity, energy and Sunset Strip vibe of the original Hollywood Mondrian to the West Bay Lagoon neighborhood of Doha, capital city of Qatar.
Mondrian Doha will buzz with the instant gratification, the perfect provocative moment, perpetual possibility and confident cool that Mondrian is known for worldwide. Mondrian’s famous lobby scene, the soul of the hotel, will recreate the see-and-be-seen vibe of the original and will be the place to meet for a cocktail and intense mingling.
This is an Exciting opportunity to join our pre opening Team at Doha. Mondrian Doha will be Morgans Hotel first Hotel in the Middle East, with more in the pipeline. We are a luxury lifestyle brand, and we are looking for a dynamic, experienced, enthusiastic and energetic professional.
Under the guidance of the Director of Engineering/ Engineering Supervisor or designate, to maintain equipment and building fabric as directed to ensure that the hotel gives the illusion to every arriving guest that they are the only person to have used the facility
Duties & Functions:
- To carry out Painting and Decorating duties as required
- To supervise the issue of tools relating to the Painting department and their safe return
- To ensure that the Painting section within the workshop is at all times maintained in clean and tidy condition
- To act as part of fire , life, safety committee and security when required
- To attend to varnishing items such doors, windows, timber panels and furniture
- To attend to repair of damaged, cracked surfaces which may include concrete, plaster, stone, ceramic tile and marble
- To attend building repair and maintenance work in the hotel premises including any new additions/extensions
- To deal with guest enquiries and requirements in an efficient manner. Handle any guest complaints promptly and with follow up, referring to others when necessary
- To follow key signing procedures and take responsibility for assigned keys
- To participate to hotel energy conservation system
- To attend any meetings or training sessions as required
- To assist other trades within the engineering department where necessary.
- To work under direction of the appointed representative of the Director of Engineering
- To perform preventive maintenance in guest room and public area
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Sound knowledge of Painting and decorating principles
- Understand fully the products that are used within the painting department
- NVQ level 2 in Painting and Decorating or equivalent
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork