Audio Visual Technician
Audio Visual Technician
Attractive salary and Benefits
Mondrian Doha, opening in late 2016, brings the up-all-night intensity, energy and Sunset Strip vibe of the original Hollywood Mondrian to the West Bay Lagoon neighborhood of Doha, capital city of Qatar.
Mondrian Doha will buzz with the instant gratification, the perfect provocative moment, perpetual possibility and confident cool that Mondrian is known for worldwide. Mondrian’s famous lobby scene, the soul of the hotel, will recreate the see-and-be-seen vibe of the original and will be the place to meet for a cocktail and intense mingling.
This is an Exciting opportunity to join our pre opening Team at Doha. Mondrian Doha will be Morgans Hotel first Hotel in the Middle East, with more in the pipeline. We are a luxury lifestyle brand, and we are looking for a dynamic, experienced, enthusiastic and energetic professional.
Under the guidance of the Director of Engineering / Assist DOE / Engineering Supervisor or designate, to operate, repair, troubleshoot and maintain the hotel’s Under the direct supervision of the Audio Visual, is responsible for the orderly and safe operation, maintenance and repair of all visual equipment and lighting system used for banquet function
Duties & Functions:
- To provide special expertise and to handle all repair and maintenance of audio visual, video, PABX,CCTV, fire equipment and all weak voltage related work and activities
- To be responsible for servicing various types of electronic devices such as amplifiers, microphones, loudspeakers, tape and video recorders
- To carry out repair and maintenance on audio visual panels and equipment
- To participate in hotel energy conservation program
- To attend to the installation and operation of audio visual equipment needed for banquet functions, following instructions from the event order
- To assist the client in installing the electronic equipment if such assistance is call for
- To check regularly the condition of all audio visual equipment, ensures that the equipment are in excellent condition
- To be thoroughly familiar with all regulations regarding safety at work and observe these meticulously at all times
- To observe cleanliness at the place of work and on the job after completion of work.
- To ensure cleanliness of appearance and uniform, particularly when working in guest areas
- To report all defects observed to Director of Engineer, Assistant DOE
- To perform duties outside the scope of his trade in case of emergency, if so called upon
- To work under supervision in areas covered by statutory regulations (gas, electric, etc)
- To supervise the issue of tools relating to the Engineering department and their safe return
- To ensure that the Engineering workshop is at all times maintained in clean and tidy condition
- To act as part of fire party under direction of security when required
- To ensure that all reported maintenance issues are completed in a timely manner and that any issues that are not able to be resolved immediately are handed over to the engineering supervisor
- To ensure that that all preventative maintenance is carried out as directed by senior engineering personnel
- To be able to prioritize all jobs on hotel expert in order to maximize guest satisfaction and minimize disruption to guests and staff alike
- To be fully aware and trained on the fire panel and procedures to be component in the event of an emergency
- To follow key signing procedures and take responsibility for assigned keys
- To hand in all lost property immediately and follow laid down procedure
- To assist other trades within the engineering department where necessary
- To work under direction of the appointed representative of the Director of Engineering
- To incorporate all of the core values in the day to day practice of being an engineer
- To work as part of the team on projects, Capital Expenditure projects and ongoing maintenance programs
- To work alongside other Departments in a supportive role to facilitate the smooth running of the team and department
- To hand over all jobs that were requested during shift to engineering supervisor or Director of Engineering
- To be accountable for all related tasks during shift and hand over if uncompleted
- To assist and help other engineering team member for any work related to engineering
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Diploma of Engineering or Technical Diploma and/or related fields or equivalent similarity experience required.
- Minimum 3 years in similar roles/responsibilities gained from hospitality establishment.
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork