Chef de Partie - Arabic Kitchen
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
We will provide you with plenty of training and development opportunities as well as growth within the Company.
Our accommodation is one of the best in Abu Dhabi with large villas, a pool, gym, tennis court, basketball court and a grocery shop. You will certainly feel at home!
We are looking for people who are passionate about great service, going the extra mile and personalizing our guests’ experience.
For more information on Starwood please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Culinary - Arabic
• Interact and cooperate with other members of the kitchen brigade as appropriate.
• Interact and cooperate with other departments and other sections of food and beverage as appropriate.
• Liaise with the Chef in charge to ensure cleanliness and hygiene standards.
• Prepare hot sauces, meat and fish, vegetables, rice and potato dishes, salad dressings, appetizers, salads and food displays in accordance with established recipes and methods.
• Supervise and train all staff in the bridge.
• Ensure that the section is kept clean and hygienic.
• Work in cooperation with the other sections.
• Report equipment in the section needing repairs and maintenance.
• Learn the hotel’s fire & safely procedures and the operation of the kitchen’s firefighting equipment.
• Assist the Chef in charge in ensuring appropriate production level for the daily operation.
• Prepare mise-en-place for assigned Kitchen.
• Participate in Buffet set-up and decoration.
• Adhere to portion control policy/standard plating instructions.
• Sample all foods, sauces, dressings, etc. on regular basis to ensure established standards are maintained.
• Store all foods according to established procedures.
• Keep work area and Kitchen in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Ensure that all equipment in the Kitchen section is correctly handled and maintained.
• Comply with WESTIN hygiene and sanitation standards.
• Adopt the clear-as-you-go method of working.
• Comply with hotel`s health and safety policy.
• Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Share responsibility with the Chef in charge for the efficient operation of the assigned kitchen, including food preparation, presentation, supervision, storage, proper handling of fixtures and equipment as well as for the close working liaison with the other kitchen departments and restaurants.
• To be fully responsible for the operation of the assigned area/Kitchen in the assigned shift and in the absence of the Junior Sous Chef in charge.
• Learn the local health authorities’ sanitation and hygiene requirements.
• Ensure that local and hotel’s standards of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation are maintained, as well as SGS.
The above key areas, responsibilities and activities reflect the items necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Key Result Areas:
As specified by Big 5 or goals in your PMP
Measures of Performance:
Big 5 or goals as set by supervisor
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
•Build Personal Effectiveness
•Create Competitive Advantage
• Create Team Focus
•Create High Performance Culture
•Lead People Development
•Lead Change and Innovation
Arabic Cuisine Knowledge is a must
5 star experience