Director of Revenue
Competitive expatriate package
Full job details
Reminiscent of a 16th century Italian Palace, Palazzo Versace Dubai is a Neoclassical masterpiece with subtle traces of Arabian architecture. Featuring a striking entrance, high ceilings, landscaped gardens, and a range of well-crafted Italian furnishings, the hotel is truly symbolic of the Versace lifestyle.
Set in the heart of the Culture Village, less than 15 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and 8 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Downtown Dubai, Palazzo Versace Dubai is conveniently located along the shores of the historic Dubai Creek. On arrival one is welcomed by the striking ‘Pietra di Fiume’ design of the iconic Medusa and Greek décor. A walk through the 5-star hotel’s public spaces reveals several exclusive designs and fabrics from the House of Versace, while the lagoon pools and reflection ponds complement the serenity of the lush gardens that surround the hotel – a true luxury retreat for leisure travellers.
Every single piece of furniture and fabric that adorns the hotel’s 215 hotel rooms and suites, and 169 residences, is designed and tailor-made by the House of Versace exclusively for the Palazzo Versace Hotel in Dubai. Each of the hotel’s 8 restaurants and bars is designed to have an al fresco terrace to reflect the heritage of Palazzos, where the internal court was the informal space to meet, dine and enjoy the weather. The three outdoor pools are decorated with mosaic tiles and surrounded by palm trees and flowers. The beautifully landscaped gardens and unobstructed views of the Dubai Creek and skyline, make this luxury hotel an ideal venue for weddings and social events in Dubai.
The incumbent in the position is responsible for maximizing yield for all room reservations, ensuring up-selling during demand periods and conversion over need periods. Other key responsibilities entail management of the reservations staff and time, staff training, inventory control, planning and reports generation as appropriate and forecasting.
- Manages rooms inventory to achieve optimum results in Occupancy, Average rate and Revenue, reviewing daily reservations accuracy, rates compliance from segment and source, system close-out when necessary and GDS rates sale-ability.
- Works closely with Trust and Leading Hotels of the World with updated hotel information and facilitate room’s sale on a regular basis. Reviews Trust and GDS rates and availability keeping sufficient inventory for high yield segments.
- Works with sales people to analyze and forecast the Rooms business on a daily, weekly and monthly (3-months rolling forecast) in a timely manner to ensure concerned departments has sufficient time to work on their areas.
- Supervises the Reservations Manager in daily duties, including pick-ups, travel agents commissions, staff responses to clients, etc. Provides with development opportunities, coaching and guidance so that eventually he/she can take over the position of Director of Revenue.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual room’s budget with the DOSM, DOF and the manning guide for reservations and manages them within budget guidelines.
- 5 years of hotel Revenue Management experience, developed by working in at least two different luxury properties.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent Diploma in Business related field
- Has strategic orientation and high degree of focus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GDS Systems, Switch connectivity
- CRS (SynXis, Trust, Pegasus, Micros, etc.)
- PMS (Opera, Delphi etc.)
- Internet Booking Engines
- Revenue Management Systems
- Interfaces between PMS, CRS & RMS
- Experience in chain code switches & hotel implementations