Full job details
Housekeeping, Housekeeping Attendant
Previous hotel experience is preferred.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all items are sorted, counted and marked correctly.
- Ensures that guests are met in time and to the set standards.
- Receives guest laundry and dry cleaning; check the items against the list submitted by the guest.
- Sorts out, segregate and checks items prior to marking.
- Ensures items are ready for delivery at the specified times.
- Responsible for any missing items and mishandled guest articles.
- Inspects and sorts cleaned guest articles according to the room number.
- Ensures they are ready for delivery after verifying they are properly cleaned and pressed.
- Keeps work area clean and in an orderly condition.
- Ensures proper operation and care of machinery in the laundry.
- Reports any loss or damage of fixtures and equipment to the Laundry Manager.
- Answers telephone, records Guest calls in the logbook and passes the details to the Valets.
- Assists in helping out in other areas of the laundry when necessary.
- Assists and trains other laundry members in the process of marking.
- Assists in inventories.
- Carries out any special work assignments.
- May be required to work different shifts and to do overtime if required.