Club Lounge Manager - Al Qasr - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Set on a private beach, Madinat Jumeirah Resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah features two grand boutique hotels, Al Qasr and Mina A’ Salam, accommodation in 29 traditional summer houses in Dar Al Masyaf, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3km of waterways and landscaped gardens.
The resort also provides extensive leisure and health facilities including Talise Spa and Talise Fitness, as well as Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional retail and dining experience showcasing the best of Arabia.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for a talented Club Lounge Manager to join the Rooms Division team at Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah Resort. You will be responsible for ensuring the Club Lounges and Business Center provides all necessary services and products to the leisure and business travelers and for anticipating and meeting guests’ needs and requests; ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
Your main duties will include:
- Supervising the smooth operation of the Club Executive Lounge, Premium Leisure Club and Business Center; ensuring high standards of service and guest care at all times.
- Supervising regular departmental training and cross training of colleagues.
- Handling and resolving any guest complaints received as per Madinat Jumeirah standard.
- Attending the needs of the Lounge and suite guests at all times throughout their stay.
- Supervising any Lounge group arrivals and departures.
- Leading and motivating the team in order to maximize productivity and satisfaction.
- Ensuring coaching, counselling and discipline as per the established company guidelines and related policies.
- Communicating, liaising with and keeping the Guest Services Manager and Front Office Manager fully informed of all matters of significance.
- Maintaining open lines of communication and co-ordination with related departments to ensure guest requests and complaints are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Updating the Executive Team and Rooms Team on expected arrivals of VIP’s.
- Measuring and monitoring operational performance.
- Managing all appraisals of the Club Lounge team on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Ensuring clear Standard Operating Procedures are developed, communicated, updated and implemented to ensure compliance with ISO and Quality.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have gained a Degree in Hospitality and have at least three years leadership experience within the Front Office Department. Ideally you will also have experience as a Duty Manager and have worked in a 5 star hotel with a culturally diverse workforce.
You will have good administration, communication, time management and organisational skills, as well as the capability to multitask with strong attention to detail. Your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent and you must have fluency in English both in written and spoken and proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office, knowledge of Opera system.