Guest Services Executive - Concierge - Mina A' Salam - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the role
The purpose of Guest Services Executive is the main point of contact at the Concierge desk, for the guests upon their arrival until their departure and handle all enquiries throughout their stay in a friendly and effective manner, always striving to exceed expectations and keeping in mind the ‘Stay Different' attitude.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Constantly provide an approachable, helpful and friendly service to colleagues and guests alike.
- Act as an information resource by being well informed and aware of all activities and events happening within the resort as well as other Jumeirah International properties and throughout Dubai.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge about sites, tours and restaurants in Dubai.
- Make bookings for guests for air-tickets, restaurants, tours, golf, yacht, diving etc. with companies approved by management and liaise with the respective companies.
- In absence of Concierge Manager, Assistant Manager & Team Leader assigned, follow up on Bell team & Doorman regarding guest request.
- Keep the Concierge Desk stocked with brochures, leaflets, maps, guides and a range of information that are of interest to guests.
- Coordinate the collection, delivery and storage of luggage by the Bell Attendants.
- Record any and all bookings, reservation and deliveries/pick-ups on the applicable forms and tracking sheet.
- Proactively seek to maintain up-to-date product knowledge about Madinat Jumeirah and Dubai as well.
- Be a reliable source of information and assistance to guests and visitors.
- Perform any related duties as requested by the Team Leader and Manager.
- Being able to work all shifts (Morning, Evening & Night Shift) as Concierge is a 24/7 operational desk.
- A minimum of 2 years in Concierge or Guest Services experience in a 5 star hotel.
- Secondary School Degree (Minimum).
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Applications as well as Front Office Applications (Opera).
- Outgoing personality with ability to communicate with guests and colleagues.
- Fluently written and spoken English.
- Enthusiastic about the role and a great team player.
- Multilingual are preferred.