Guest Services Assistant, Telecommunications - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
Jumeirah Al Naseem will have 430 luxurious rooms and suites, complete with walk-in rain showers, floor-to-ceiling windows and private outdoor terraces. The hotel is set among lush, landscaped gardens and offers three large swimming pools, as well as private beach access. Two banqueting rooms, each measuring 75 square metres, will complement the existing conference and events facilities at Madinat Jumeirah.About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Guest Services Assistant to join the Telecommunication team at the Jumeirah Al Naseem. The main purpose of this role is to answer calls as the first priority, internal and external in a speedy, courteous, warm, and friendly tone of voice. Handle all calls, request, faxes, emails, complaints and inquiries on Service One efficiently and professionally. Exceed guest expectations by wishing them on departure and on their special days going the extra mile.
Your main duties will include the following:
- Answer all calls according to the set standards in the department training.
- Adhering to the set standards of the departments SOP's and Training Manual.
- Assist with requests or pass it on to the concerned department/room number.
- Maintaining a professional tone of voice while communicating with guests, callers and colleagues.
- Use of correct and standardised English and phrases.
- Handle all incoming and out going faxes for guests/departments.
- Handle messages for in-house and expected guests.
- Follow up all relevant duties and requests.
- Handle all Emergencies efficiently.
- Ensure that all requests are handled in a timely manner and to follow up with the guest ensuring satisfaction in service provided.
- Read, understand and attend and participate in the daily briefing on time.
- Use of Jargon language including the word "Hallo" in a telephone communication is not used at any time.
- Escalate any expression of the guest satisfaction to the senior colleague on duty immediately.
- Check all guest requests and reports through Service One in cases of a guest complaint.
- Indorse all guest requests into HotSOS.
- Update and hand over all DND's, incognitos, messages and instructions on a shift to shift basis. HotSOS is to be opened and terminated for record.
- Ensure all wake calls are correctly written in the master sheet.
- Ensure all wake calls are given on time and written in a clear readable handwriting.
- Check all wake up calls and ensure all are correctly handed over to the incoming shift.
- Clear all doubts and cross check all wake up calls before leaving the shift.
- Update all information on the information boards/white boards.
- Handle shift responsibilities in the absences of a Team leader.
- Ensure a smooth hand over during change of shifts.
- Indorse all faxes and ensure they are forwarded to the correct guest /department.
- Print in house guest list by Name, Room Number, Arrival, Departure, every 3 hours (from 02:00hrs, 05:00hrs, 8:00 hrs, 11:00hrs, 14:00hrs, 17:00hrs, 20:00hrs, 23:00 hrs) (Using recycled paper).
- Check reports of all requests handled by Service One at the end of the day Print Pending reports and send them to the concerned departments to avoid complaints.
- E-mail the "HotSOS Executive Summary Report "the Complaints on daily basis to the General Manager, HOD's of the involved Department's HODs interfaced departments, Front Office Managers, Telephone Manager and CC the Telephones Team Leader.
- Send the Service One month end report on the first day of every month through the MJ mailing list.
- Send an updated Extension list to the Madinat Jumeirah mailing list and Corporate Office monthly.
- Programming of telephone lines.
- Programming for room telephones (When requested by the guest).
- To check the store request and ensure supplies are available.
- Program telephones categories on request.
- Send call charges through FCS for banquets and other extension upon request.
- Maintain discipline and a low tone of voice in the department to avoid back ground noise.
- Maintain a friendly and professional approach within the team when on duty.
- Keep a positive Attitude within the team.
- Movement within the resort in restricted to prior permission.
- Assist and train new colleagues with the day to day operations.
- Ensure that all notice boards and whish board are updated daily (i.e. Duty Manager, Functions, VIP's etc).
- To ensure that the Telephone equipment is in working order (report any faults to the Manager.
- Be aware of the hotel's fire and emergency procedure.
- Attend all relevant and mandatory trainings and communication meetings.
- Comply with the Resort's Health, Safety and Hygiene policy and maintain Grooming standards, proper body posture and a positive approach and attitude at all times.
- Keep the relevant managers informed of all guest complaints and discrepancies.
- Perform any related duties and special projects as requested by the Manager/TL.
- Assist newly joined colleagues on the job duties of a Telephone/Service One Operator.
- Have high product knowledge about Madinat Jumeirah and other Jumeirah units.
In order to be considered for this role you will have at least one year of working experience in a similar role in a luxury five star hotel environment.
You will have excellent written and spoken English. Your experience in handling guest requests, and exceeding their expectations would be regarded as essential. Should be able to quickly learn and adapt to a new work environment.