EHS & Hygiene Officer
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The St Regis Abu Dhabi provides easy access to everything that this incredible city has to offer. In the heart of the business and cultural districts the hotel is a short distance from the magnificent Abu Dhabi Mosque, the city's many shopping malls, golf courses, museums and major attractions, including the incredible Formula One Grand Prix circuit and Ferrari World on Yas Island. The hotel comprises 283 fabulously appointed guest rooms including 55 suites, most of which have incredible views of both the Arabian Gulf and the city of Abu Dhabi, the one of a kind Bridge suite between the two Nation Towers is quite simply breathtaking. Each room and suite will be serviced by the celebrated St Regis Butlers who will provide ever-present yet unobtrusive attention to detail, while attending to each request with discreet precision.
Among the hotels vast array of amenities are seven outstanding food and beverage venues including the hotels signature restaurant. The Nation Riviera Beach Club attached to the hotel and accessible via a tunnel under the Corniche will offer guests a magnificent stretch of private beach and outstanding leisure facilities. Outlets that are housed in the magnificent Nations Towers.
The Kitchen Department manages all aspects of the food production including hygiene and safety. It also ensures that guests are provided with an excellent and bespoke culinary experience.
-The suitable candiate will be responsible for the overall responsible for ensuring the continual implementation of the HACCP system in the hotel.
- Ensure internal audits are performed in regular intervals.
- Ensure proper corrective actions are identified and implemented. Ensure the HACCP system is revised at regular intervals.
- Responsible for coordination with competent authorities.
- Responsible for coordination with third party auditors for HACCP.
- Responsible for successful implementation of the EHSMS in the hotel.
- Ensure the EHS team members are competent and trained.
- Ensure the Health and Safety and Environmental management programs are implemented in all the areas of the hotel.
- Ensure internal audits are performed in regular intervals as per the requirement from the concerned authority.
- Ensure that proper corrective actions are identified and implemented.
- Responsible for organizing monthly EHSMS meetings in the hotel or as required.
- Maintains all documentations related to the management system programs.
- Inspects the areas of potential hazards and recommends solutions to the management.
- Post graduate and / or University / or Hotel Management School. Degree in Micro Biology or similar. HACCP auditor certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar position in a high volume internationally recognized luxury hotel chain or food and beverage or food production plant.
- Possess in-depth knowledge on HACCP and FSMS systems