Front Office Manager
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring daily house count; expected arrivals/departures, In-house group activities, Room rates, Special rates, Promotions, adjusting guest allocations, and Planning 24 hour management and service availability.
- Providing front office, communications, concierge, member services, reservations, valet, luggage, and transportation services
- Train and supervise front desk clerks and ensure smooth operation of front desk area.
- Guarantee front office operations are conducted in an efficient manner.
- Maintain occupancy, revenue, payroll, other expenses and profit margins within management parameters
- Set room inventory controls by adjusting rates and conducting daily calls to determine select competitor's rates
- Provide and ensure high-quality guest relations
- Monitor associate interaction in all areas of the property and promote optimal performance and
- Support at key points to include arrival, guest room experience, lobby breakfast experience and departure
- Maintain desired levels of quality using management standards, guest comment cards, site web reviews and management inspection scores
- Work with General Manager to ensure improvements are made to enhance curb appeal, approach, lobby presentation and arrival experience
- Responsible for proper key control and other security measures
- Recruit, select, and retain a quality staff
- Perform associate training on policies, practices and procedures
- Responsible for supervision, performance reviews, disciplinary actions and discharge of associates with the approval of the General Manager
- Responsible for the operation of the Front Desk to include supervising associates and performing any/all front desk duties as required to include greeting guests, answering the telephone, performing guest transactions and operating the front office computer system
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow
- Process and comprehend daily/end-of-period reports, monitor reports for inconsistencies and take corrective action with direction from General Manager
- Adhere to all safety procedures and informs management of any unsafe conditions
- Ability to perform night audit duties if needed
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Hotel Management Graduate preferred
- Required to speak in European languages
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Front Office with at least three years in the same or similar role.
- Previous experiences in Maldives or island location is highly desired.
- Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.
- Minimum of 2 years contractual commitment.