Front Office Supervisor
Full job details
- Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Supervise the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Implement corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Train and instruct employees in job duties and company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
- Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
- Recruit, interview, and select employees.
- Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies
- To coordinate and supervise all activities of the front desks, to ensure efficient, prompt, courteous, consistent quality and proactive service for all our guests.
- To ensure that all Reception employees adhere to the department’s standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- To work together with all other Front Office sections and hotel departments and to ensure that all Reception employees fully cooperate with staff from other sections and hotel departments at all times.
- To ensure that pre-shift and post-shift briefings are conducted with all Reception
- employees to make sure that all necessary information is communicated, all problems
- are followed up and that all employees are aware of current VIP guests, hotel promotions and room rates.
- To ensure that guest profiles in the hotel’s property management system are updated correctly after check-in and that all profiles are maintained, cleaned and merged correctly and regularly.
- To assist in maintaining the Customer Feedback system.
- To lead all Reception employees by example at all times and to create a challenging and fun environment for all staff to work in.
- To carry out quality control functions in all Reception areas daily to ensure a consistent high quality of all services is maintained.
- To handle guest complaints, comments, problems/requests and other incidents in a professional & efficient manner, to document all complaints and incidents properly and to ensure that the Night Manager, (Assistant) Front Office Manager and other HoDs and Managers are fully informed about complaints/issues concerning their areas of responsibility.
- To ensure that the end-of-shift banking/cashier closures for all Reception employees are checked thoroughly every day and that all mistakes are corrected immediately whenever possible.
- To actively promote all ongoing incentive programs and guest questionnaires as well as seek general feedback from guests.
- To oversee and participate in the daily arrival & departure process and to ensure that all late departures are followed up and charged when applicable
- To supervise and assist with all group and VIP arrivals and stays, ensuring that Reservations, Guest Relations, Airport Representatives and Reception work together with all other hotel departments so that arrival, stay and departure of such guests run smoothly and according to the hotel’s standards.
Yassat Gloria Hotel & Hotel Apartments shall provide an equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and career progress when it comes to gender, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability and shall not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment of any kind.