Assistant Food and Beverage Manager - InterContinental Doha
Full job details
The InterContinental® brand looks for charming, confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
The InterContinental Doha is the authentic urban resort and business hotel in Doha, Qatar. We have 256 guestrooms and eight high quality restaurants and bars serving International cuisine, the longest private 500 meter Arabian Gulf Beach in Doha, an impressive grand ballroom that accommodates up to 800 guests, five flexible function rooms that can host business meetings and social gatherings, outstanding high-tech recreational facilities.
InterContinental Doha is looking for an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to join our team.
As an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, you will be accountable for the efficient operations of the Food & Beverage Division, by ensuring the highest quality of food and beverage service of the Hotel. You are also responsible for maintaining the highest possible departmental revenues and profit margin.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Strong presence in F&B outlets during all meal periods.
2. Supervises the activities of all outlet heads
3. Ensures guest satisfaction and handles guest complaints.
4. Coordinates with the Chief Steward on operating equipment requirements of the outlets.
5. Coordinates with the Executive Chef on emergency requirements.
6. Reviews prices, sources of supply, F&B sales trends, inventories, attend meetings, etc.
7. Ensures quality of food and service comply with established standards by performing random checks on food quality and service standards, including cleanliness, providing directions for improvement if required.
8. Contribute to the increase of Sales by:
· Assisting in developing progressive marketing plans and design of food promotions
· Assisting in developing special programs in order to attract guest
· Ease seasonal sales fluctuations
· Increase market popularity of the Hotel and overall competitiveness of operations
· Obtaining updated information on market demands.
With a family of 9 brands and more than 4,600 hotels in 100 countries, we’ll give you opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career; not forgetting a competitive salary and benefits package with hotel discount worldwide!
You’ll not only join a brand that believes in the importance of superior, understated service and outstanding facilities, but also a team that is passionate about connecting guests to what's special about the destination and sharing that knowledge so guests leave with an authentic and memorable experience. Most importantly, we give you Room to be yourself.
Ideally, you will have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role in a five-star hotel environment.
If this sounds like the perfect move for you, apply online now! Get in touch and tell us how you could bring your passion and your individual skills to IHG.
· Excellent guest relations, problem solving and time management skills
· Working knowledge of Micros.