Chef De Partie
Between a beach and freshwater lagoon, Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara offers refreshing luxury, and also a gateway to Oman’s cultural treasures. Culinary experiences immerse you in the Middle East’s exquisite tastes, and take curious diners on scintillating journeys. Sip refreshments and savour marinated barbeque dishes at the Mediterranean beach bar. Gourmet world flavors are yours to enjoy all day. For dinner, let us tempt you with Asian specialties from countries that border the Mekong River. At Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara Guests will enjoy a choice of 30 Premier Sea View rooms and 10 Deluxe rooms with sea or garden views, 96 villas, including 88 private pool villas, Private 250 meter beach, Outdoor temperature-controlled infinity swimming pool, Anantara Spa with Salalah’s first hammam and razul treatment rooms, 3 restaurants including a signature Asian restaurant and much more.
Al Baleed Resort by Anantara is looking for Chef de Partie to join its team.
A Chef de Partie is responsible for the oversight of all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful Chef de Partie must be very knowledgeable about their specialty, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. A Chef de Partie must also be able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
- Perform all activities within a Restaurant Kitchen area, ensuring a safe, smooth running and profitable operation within the framework of the Hotel.
- Support the development of Restaurant concepts and standards. Be familiar with local market & suppliers. Recommend menu changes according to seasonal product availability.
- Adhere to Anantara food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests. Continually look to recommend improvements and additions to the Anantara presentation guidelines.
- Maintain food safety & protection. All food in working areas should be in compliance with food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, rotation, etc. Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices.
- Maintain outlet safety at all times.
- Take responsibility for asset management of all outlet property and facilities.
- Participate in departmental training to improve departmental skills and hotel service levels, providing team members the training and resources to take care of our guests.
- Promote positive inter-departmental relations through candid communication and cooperation.
- Maintain and oversee adherence to departmental checklists and cleaning schedules.
- Maintain food safety and protection, to include dating, proper storage and rotation, etc.
- Assist in maintaining clean and sanitized food preparation areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree or any culinary degree.
- Must have worked at least one year as a Chef de Partie in Hotels and Restaurants.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strongly committed to teamwork and customer service.
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence.