Director of Food & Beverage needed - Indian Ocean region
We seek an experienced food and beverage manager for the 5 star level, possibly four star looking to move up to the ultimate genre.
About the role
We are now recruiting for Food and Beverage manager would oversee the service of Food and Beverage in the Beautiful Indian Ocean.
An international role with many benefits and attractive US based salary.
The main duties include:
- Projecting a positive, professional and friendly image to the guests and employees.
- Effectively handle guest complaints and compliments.
- Develop and maintain a file of guest preferences (e.g. beverage type, table location, birthdays, special family occasions).
- Co-ordinate effectively with the kitchen through regular contact before, during and after service.
- Confidently recommend wine selection to match menu items and guest preferences.
- Be vigilantly attentive to service details and produce quality.
- To assist with the weekly roster and attendance records, keeping payroll costs under control.
- To assist in the training of colleagues ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties efficiently and productively.
- To fully understand the menu descriptions as dictated by the Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef, and to encourage up selling by ensuring that all relevant information is given to staff prior to the commencement of service.
- To assist with functions in the function room and at any outside catering functions, as required.
- To be familiar with the service standards for Room Service and to supervise the staff in this department in the absence of the Food and Beverage Manager.
In order to be considered for this role:
You will have previous experience in a 4* plus or 5 star hotel and previous senior management and experience in a similar genre is essential
- You are a strong communicator
- You are self-disciplined, organized and have meticulous grooming standards
- You have Basic Food and Hygiene Training
- You have a welcoming personality who can understand guest needs and resolve complaints and issue effectively
- You will be passionate about hospitality and food and beverage
- You will be dedicated to the delivery of exceptional service and continuous improvement
- You will enjoy being part of a team
- You will demonstrate effective leadership qualities
- You will be able to work well under pressure
- You demonstrate flexibility in work hours according to the needs of the business
- Previous Management Courses and Training
- You will be working for a hotel operation working very closely with other departments
About the benefits
Benefits for the successful Food and Beverage Supervisor include:
- Meals on duty
- Dry cleaning
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Jumeirah hotel accommodation discounts
- Childcare support
- Dental cover
- Colleague recognition scheme
- Colleague introductory scheme
- Internal and external transfer possibilities
- 50% off F&B discounts
- VDU users eye test
- Long service awards
- Free life insurance cover for death in service
- Company pension plan
- Excellent learning and development opportunities with scope for career growth
For the successful Food and Beverage the position attracts a competitive annual salary plus incentive in excess of £80K.
A LIFESTYLE AND CV DEFINING CAREER MOVE IN THIS WORLD RENOWNED HOTEL.