Commis 3 - Main Kitchen - Madinat Jumeirah
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage and is styled to resemble an ancient Arabian citadel. With two grand boutique hotels, courtyard summer houses, a traditional souk, Talise Spa, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, unlimited recreational facilities and the superlative Quay Health club this combines to make the Madinat Jumeirah the most fascinating Resort in the world.
At Shimmers, you can enjoy the beautiful beach setting as you gaze at the Arabian Gulf and the towering Burj Al Arab.
At night, Shimmers at Madinat Jumeirah is transformed into a magical beachside experience. We invite you to sit under the stars, unwind with shisha and enjoy our delicious international cuisine. It makes for a lovely evening with friends, or perhaps a romantic date with a loved one.About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Commis 3 to join the Main Kitchen culinary team at Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Chef de Parties in the daily preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times. In addition, to ensure that the designated section, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the Restaurant.
Your main duties will include:
- To maintain the Physical Product and to advise of any faults.
- To attend trainings set by company or their seniors.
- To fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to maintain a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined yetharmonious department.
- Maintain good colleague relations.
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index, maintaining standards and consistency.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- To understand and to be aware of food costs within your department.
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions through a proper hand over system.
- Adhere to all Jumeirah standards and HACCP guidelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a Commis 3 role with a five star hotel or a standalone/branded restaurant and a genuine interest in food and service.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written).