Sales Manager - GCC - Arabic Speaking
Exotic, luxurious and indigenous. Anantara’s unique destinations cater for everything from a relaxing city break to an extravagant once in a lifetime journey. Exciting opportunities bring Anantara’s heart-felt hospitality and sense of discovery to destinations across Asia and the Middle East.
You will participate in all sales activities and work in line with the sales and marketing plan for the various market segments in order to exceed hotel revenue and targets. The scope of responsibility includes: promoting the hotel and Anantara brand, contracting new business and maximizing revenue for the hotels. You are also in charge of establishing outstanding businesses relationships within local, domestic and international markets; monitoring competitor activities and market intelligence; attending travel functions and sales road shows and organizing sales trips to promote sales for the hotels. We will provide training that will equip you to be a confident Sales Manager who stands out in the market by achieving exceptional results. You will report directly to the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing who will provide coaching and support to enable you to achieve what you are driving for.
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by driving sales activities for the hotel, achieving revenue and profit targets, and growing and developing a loyal customer base on behalf of the hotel.
At Anantara, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ensure that you fully understand the business strategy and positioning of the Anantara brand, and that you are able to effectively articulate this positioning in the marketplace.
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
- Gains understanding of the location's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
- Maintain a personal up-to-date knowledge on all Anantara product and service offerings, and the products, services, rates and new developments of key competitors, and an awareness of general industry trends.
- Approach personal sales activities from a strategic perspective, understanding the relative importance and priority of the current account base, and directing personal sales efforts accordingly.
- Manage own accounts, secondary to DOSM Key accounts from various segments.
- Conduct a minimum of 60 Sales Calls a month, 10 Client’s entertainments and site inspections.
- Record all activities in SFA or S&C.
- Continually review the actual production of each account against the potential for that account, and review suggestions for improvement with department leadership.
- Focus on assertively establishing new client contacts and developing detailed information on the potential revenues from these accounts.
- Achieve personal financial and non-financial performance objectives, working with department leadership to ensure these objectives are met.
- Take responsibility for your own professional development, ensuring that you have the financial literacy, negotiation and face-to-face selling skills needed to successfully do your job.
- Maintain accurate management status reporting on business results, and associated action planning.
- Practice effective cost control and adhere to internal procedures for approval of expenditure.
- Actively participate in client familiarization trips, site inspections, sales trips and roadshows as required to meet the sales targets of the hotel.
- Liaise effectively with all operational colleagues, providing support and information to ensure accurate delivery of our promise.
- Drive opportunities to upsell and cross-sell Anantara products.
- Maintain a full working knowledge of the IT support tools used in the world of sales. today, including sales-specific software, property PMS, the Microsoft Office toolset.
- Ensure that all administration is processed quickly and efficiently.
- Proven background in sales in a 5 stars hotel with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Ability to manage the relationship with team members, owners, key corporate and leisure accounts.
- Ability to manage multiple hotels & resorts, sales strategies, pricing strategy and sales related requirements.
- English speaking, understand the local market behaviour.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong computer related skills.