Assistant Director of Housekeeping
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element® and the recently introduced Tribute Portfolio™. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood recently announced plans to spin off its Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc. business, a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands, into a standalone public company by the end of 2015. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
- Provide training, coaching and counselling to all housekeeping employees.
- Facilitate hiring process, including interviewing, training and evaluating job performance.
- Provide leadership support.
- Preparation of daily task and supervision for room Attendant, Public areas, laundry and housekeeping office.
- Daily inspection of rooms and public areas of the hotel and provide feedback to the associates.
- Manage administrative duties, including payroll, operating expenses and financial targets.
- Ensure communication with the different departments of the hotel to guarantee the highest standards of c-conditions, cleanliness, room readiness and for every area of the hotel.
- Hands on person and reduce time in the office to a minimum.
- Assist in all relative laundry jobs for guest, linen of the rooms, and linen for F&B and uniforms.
- Take stock, for service areas, linen, uniforms and stores
- Embrace and value operational guidelines and brand standards
- Maximizing the returns to all stakeholders
- Build lasting relationships with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and trends, in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies
- Good level of knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel and Opera.
- Have the ability to plan and prioritize in order to achieve deadlines.
- Are adaptable to the ideas of different cultures, settings and situations.
- Possess superior analytical skills.
- Uphold ethical business practices.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to manage a multi-cultural team.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Experience managing a department and Profit & Loss account.
- Drive for results.
- Lead by example