Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element® and the recently introduced Tribute Portfolio™. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood recently announced plans to spin off its Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc. business, a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands, into a standalone public company by the end of 2015. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
We will strive to create and maintain a community of winning talent which feels valued and lives the connection to the brand in whatever we do. We will provide the freedom and support where individuals can demonstrate their skills and abilities; grow and reach their potential in a performance reward driven environment. We will embrace diversity and inclusion and will act honest and ethical in everything we do; aspiring to be the employer of choice.
- Oversees the operation of the Laundry department managing guest laundry, associates laundry, uniforms and linen of the hotel.
- Participate on the training and coaching off all the associates working in the laundry department.
- Skills on managing laundry equipment as washing machines, driers, dry cleaning, folding machines, irons and all the equipment in the laundry and uniform areas.
- Chemical handling for the laundry.
- Stock controls and financial targets as guest laundry cost, linen cost, chemical cost.
- To attend daily buzz meetings, and participate in a proactive way.
- Embrace and value operational guidelines and brand standards
- Maximizing the returns to all stakeholders
- Build lasting relationships with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills and analysis of issues and trends, in order to develop and apply appropriate strategies
- Possess superior analytical skills
- Uphold ethical business practices
- Team player
- Good level of knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel and Opera.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to manage a multicultural team.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Experience managing a department Laundry Profit & Loss account.
- Drive for results.
- Lead by example.