Competitive expatriate package
Full job details
Reminiscent of a 16th century Italian Palace, Palazzo Versace Dubai is a Neoclassical masterpiece with subtle traces of Arabian architecture. Featuring a striking entrance, high ceilings, landscaped gardens, and a range of well-crafted Italian furnishings, the hotel is truly symbolic of the Versace lifestyle.
Set in the heart of the Culture Village, less than 15 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and 8 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Downtown Dubai, Palazzo Versace Dubai is conveniently located along the shores of the historic Dubai Creek. On arrival one is welcomed by the striking ‘Pietra di Fiume’ design of the iconic Medusa and Greek décor. A walk through the 5-star hotel’s public spaces reveals several exclusive designs and fabrics from the House of Versace, while the lagoon pools and reflection ponds complement the serenity of the lush gardens that surround the hotel – a true luxury retreat for leisure travellers.
Every single piece of furniture and fabric that adorns the hotel’s 215 hotel rooms and suites, and 169 residences, is designed and tailor-made by the House of Versace exclusively for the Palazzo Versace Hotel in Dubai. Each of the hotel’s 8 restaurants and bars is designed to have an al fresco terrace to reflect the heritage of Palazzos, where the internal court was the informal space to meet, dine and enjoy the weather. The three outdoor pools are decorated with mosaic tiles and surrounded by palm trees and flowers. The beautifully landscaped gardens and unobstructed views of the Dubai Creek and skyline, make this luxury hotel an ideal venue for weddings and social events in Dubai.
The Doorman provides the ultimate welcome and departure for any guest/patron of the hotel and to create a welcoming atmosphere at the main entrance and to manage a smooth operation of the driveway/ellipse of the hotel. Works together with Bell Attendants and Valet Parkers to manage all deliveries including luggage and to ensure a smooth flow of traffic in the driveway/ellipse at all time.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the hotel, including all departments, services, outlets and Dubai
- Always have a smile, with a helpful and friendly attitude towards colleagues and guests alike
- Provide courteous and professional service at all times
- Open car doors for all guests arriving at or leaving from the main entrance
- Greet the guests before they greet you
- Escort or always direct guests upon arrival to the reception desk for check-in
- Actively sell and promote the resort’s facilities first, then refer and suggest other hotels, if we cannot meet the guest’s requests
- Well informed of current in-house functions and events taking place
- Coordinate and control the traffic in front of the main entrance, while making sure that no unauthorized vehicles are parked
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Doorman in an international 5 star hotel with more than 200 rooms
- Maintains a good relationship with the entire Bell, Concierge and Front Office Team, as well as all concerned departments
- Physical Fitness, must be able to stand for extended time
- Handling guest complaints at highest service levels
- Dealing with high profile guests
- Knowledge of Dubai
- Must be able to remain calm when under pressure
- Ability to make independent decisions