Front Office Supervisor
Competitive expatriate package
Full job details
Reminiscent of a 16th century Italian Palace, Palazzo Versace Dubai is a Neoclassical masterpiece with subtle traces of Arabian architecture. Featuring a striking entrance, high ceilings, landscaped gardens, and a range of well-crafted Italian furnishings, the hotel is truly symbolic of the Versace lifestyle.
Set in the heart of the Culture Village, less than 15 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and 8 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Downtown Dubai, Palazzo Versace Dubai is conveniently located along the shores of the historic Dubai Creek. On arrival one is welcomed by the striking ‘Pietra di Fiume’ design of the iconic Medusa and Greek décor. A walk through the 5-star hotel’s public spaces reveals several exclusive designs and fabrics from the House of Versace, while the lagoon pools and reflection ponds complement the serenity of the lush gardens that surround the hotel – a true luxury retreat for leisure travellers.
Every single piece of furniture and fabric that adorns the hotel’s 215 hotel rooms and suites, and 169 residences, is designed and tailor-made by the House of Versace exclusively for the Palazzo Versace Hotel in Dubai. Each of the hotel’s 8 restaurants and bars is designed to have an al fresco terrace to reflect the heritage of Palazzos, where the internal court was the informal space to meet, dine and enjoy the weather. The three outdoor pools are decorated with mosaic tiles and surrounded by palm trees and flowers. The beautifully landscaped gardens and unobstructed views of the Dubai Creek and skyline, make this luxury hotel an ideal venue for weddings and social events in Dubai.
The incumbent for this position is to supervise all Front Office colleagues on shift as well as support the Guest Service Agents in ensuring a smooth operation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Hotel and Residences, including all departments, services and outlets
- Function as a liaison between Guest Service Agents and the Assistant Front Office Manager/ Front Office Manager, offering feedback and communicating both ways
- Check the allocation of any rooms with special requests the evening prior to the arrival date and all remaining rooms early in the morning
- Communicate closely with the Rooms Controller at all times about room allocation changes, pending departures, room moves and waiting guests
- Communicate closely with concerned departments about VIP room allocation changes
- Communicate closely with Accounts about billing and cashiering issues
- Follow up on any outstanding departures and to ensure that late check-outs are charged according to policy
- Prepare and carry out shift handover and to ensure that the desk is left tidy and that all work has been completed
- Coordinate room moves with the Rooms Controller and ensure he/she communicates them to all necessary departments
- Cover shifts on Lobby Duty in accordance with duty roster, these duties will include the welcoming and rooming of arriving VIP and suite guests
- Ensure that the hotels credit policy is being followed at all times and that the Credit Check Report is carried out
- Be aware of the departmental budget and assist in maximizing room revenue and controlling departmental expenses
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Receptionist/Guest Service position or currently in a Supervisory Role at Front Office, preferably in an international five star hotel
- Certified Group and Task Trainer is an advantage
- Knowledge of Arabic or Russian language is preferred
- Experience in multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of OPERA PMS Experience in multi-cultural environment