Chef De Partie - Pan Asia - Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
Full job details
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Join us as a/n Chef De Partie - Pan Asia in Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. Because, for this vital role, we’re looking for someone who has the knowledge of the Oriental Cuisine and can quickly and efficiently prepare food for the guests using great talent.
The Crowne Plaza® Abu Dhabi hotel is located on Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street, at the center of Abu Dhabi's thriving commerce and culture, just 15 minutes from ADNEC and half an hour from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Grand shopping complexes including the World Trade Center Mall and Marina Mall are minutes away. The spectacular curve of the Corniche is even closer, with parks and beaches stretching along the waterfront. Award-winning restaurants and bars, world-class service, comfort and convenience in downtown Abu Dhabi and a foodie destination not to be missed. The Crowne Plaza® Abu Dhabi hotel makes the perfect base for visiting and doing business in this dazzling 21st-century metropolis.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation, cooking and presenting Chinese dishes
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and health & safety at all times
- Participate fully in all meetings, training and forums
- Take responsibility for your own personal development
- Demonstrate excellent food preparation practices, portion control and end to end food production
- Supporting the Executive Chef or Sous Chef to deliver on all company measures & targets
- Follow all company operational kitchen process and procedures, achieving all required standards
- Take responsibility for delivering the highest measures of food production and presentation to customers including manning the live cooking stations if required
- Monitor food consumption to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and minimum waste
- Support the Executive Chef or Sous Chef in the introduction of new seasonal dishes
- Cascade your knowledge and expert cooking to all kitchen staff
- Suggested innovation and commercially viable ideas to improve food quality
In order to be considered for this role you should hold a recognised hotel diploma and at least 1 year experience working in the same position within a 5* hotel, expertise in Wok Cooking and detailed knowledge of food technical skills is essential for this role as well as a proven track record in launching new concepts and promotions, training and developing staff. It is also essential that you have a good command of the English language (verbal and written) and knowledge.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Crowne Plaza and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com