Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
Food & Beverage
• Responsible for the hygienic and safe preparation of food within the food preparation areas.
• Ensuring that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing wastage.
• Ensuring that food stock levels within food preparation areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts.
• Ensuring that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
• Ensuring that all food preparation equipment is being used safely and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained as per schedule.
• Maintain consistency of first class food quality in all areas of food production.
• The implementation, physical organization and preparation of new items and menus.
• Be creative in the design and implementation of ongoing food concepts.
• Implement quality control procedures.
• Inspect method of food preparation and cooking in all areas.
• Liaise with the Engineering as to maintenance requirements and be instrumental in planning a maintenance program for all kitchens to ensure all equipment is maintained in proper working order.
• Responsible in ensuring that all staff meals are of a high standard and that the staff canteen is maintained in a clean and tidy state at all times.
• Liaise with the Catering Manager, Convention Services Manager and members of the Sales Department on all special Banquet menu requirements, to ensure that they can be produced to a high standard and that both food and labor costs are minimized.
• Inspect plate presentation and continually review and update when necessary.
• Plan and execute well-constructed Food and Beverage promotion on a scheduled basis
• Prepare monthly outlook/forecast reports
• Attend meetings as required.
• Implement opportunities for quality Team Building.
• Ensure that all associates comply with the grooming and uniform standards
• Conduct development and performance reviews, identifying key personnel for further development and structured career path.
• Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that associates have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively
• Prepare work schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the appropriate industrial legislation.
Supportive Functions (Property specific):
• Oversee the selection and appointment of new associates within the department.
• Conduct regular staff meetings to keep all associates informed.
• Participate in the Hotel “Manager on Duty” program
• Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace, paying particular attention to Food Safety Legislation.
• Comply with all Corporate and Hotel Standards and Procedures
• Promote by example the principles of “The Power of Service”.
• Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Property specific):
• Management skills
• Delegation skills
• Organizational & time management skills
• Business acumen
• Communication skills (written/verbal)
• Goal focus
• Strong Technical skills
• Guest focus
• Strong training skills
• Quality awareness
Qualification Standards (Property specific):
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills
• Holder of a basic Food Preparation Certificate
• Holder of a basic Health & Hygiene Certificate
• To be aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms
Education (Property specific):
Bachelor's degree preferred and/or extensive culinary education.
Fluent in English, another European language will be preferred
Experience (Property specific):
At least has 5 years kitchen experience in 5-Star Hotel with a minimum of 3 years as Executive Chef.