Asst. Director of Catering and Conferences Sales
Full job details
Responsible for proactively soliciting group/catering business. The position is accountable for handling large group or other customer segments related to opportunities with significant revenue potential. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties. Aligns customer profile with the appropriate product. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with Ritz-Carlton standards of excellence. Creates opportunities to grow the account base through customer interactions.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 5 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area within a similar leadership role .
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years of experience in sales and marketing or related professional area within a similar leadership role.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Market Opportunities & Driving Revenue
• Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Partners with group/catering colleagues to effectively manage business opportunities.
• Responds to and manages larger and more complex incoming group/catering opportunities for the property.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
• Works with partners to develop creative ideas and proposals for group/catering events.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
• Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
• Participates in site visits.
• Develops and facilitate execution of contracts as required.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards through the sales process.