Pinnacle (ADR) Chef
per individual offer
Full job details
1. Assist the Executive Chef in directing and supervising the preparation of and service for all food served in the Pinnacle Grill in accordance with the established company's menus and recipes.
2. Responsible to update standard corporate recipes and follow during the preparation of all food items in the Pinnacle.
3. Assists the Executive Chef in executing food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards. Follows all HACCP procedures as set by company.
4. Responsible for quality, quantity, attractiveness and correctness of all food items served as per company's standards.
5. Assists the Executive Chef in directing, supervising and training of all employees assigned to the kitchen/Pinnacle organization. Follows specific guidelines for orientation of all new hires.
6. Responsible for the performance, appearance, dress and personal conduct of all assigned employees and reports on these subjects objectively and timely to the Executive Chef.
7. Prepares work schedules of all employees in the Pinnacle organization for approval by the Executive Chef.
8. Controls actual hours worked and records and reports these on the appropriate forms to the Executive Chef and other departments as per standards set by the Marine Hotel Department.
9. Assists the Executive Chef in preparing objective performance reports for his department
10. Responsible for checking that quantity and quality of items ordered from stores are received and stored in proper condition according to USPH procedures and thereafter used in accordance to standard recipes, reporting any discrepancies to Exec. Chef. Adheres to company par stock levels as set by program.
11. Assists Executive Chef with implementing all menu cycles for food service in the Pinnacle Grill.
12. Responsible to implement, execute and supervise proper maintenance and cleaning procedures in the Pinnacle galley in order to ensure good appearance and condition of these areas.
13. Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to the Executive Chef.
14. Maintains a high level of productivity, cleanliness and sanitation throughout the entire kitchen operation.
15. Works closely with department heads in guest service and other areas.
16. Closely supervises and inspects his complete area for operation and cleanup after each service period according to USPH procedures, conducts inspections with the Executive Chef of his complete area of responsibility before every American and Canadian port. In turn, conducts the same inspections with his assigned Chef de Parties and Demi Chefs. Follows the provided checklist and cleaning schedule in order to accomplish the inspection objectives.
17. Practices visible management during all meal hours to ensure an efficient food operation for both guest’s and crew.
18. In the event there is no Tournant onboard, assumes overall responsibility for the Culinary Arts Center, conducting cooking demos and classes according to the menus and recipes provided by the corporate office. Ensures that the Culinary Center is kept to the highest sanitation levels and is in immaculate condition.
19. Overall responsibility for the food being served in the Neptune lounge, insuring that the Neptune lounge food cycle is followed as per the corporate guidelines, presentation is followed as per corporate photos provided and the freshness and taste is of the highest standards. Making sure adequate supplies are provided.
20. Assists the Executive Chef on stores loading days checking that the quality is to the standard expected and the correct quantities are delivered. Discrepancies found needs to be reported directly to the Executive Chef or Provision Master.
21. Leads, manages and directs Pinnacle Grill crew by ensuring all company standards are met and crew are functioning as a cohesive team and unit.