Rooms - Assistant Manager - Guest Experience - Arabic Speaker
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
Full job details
The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal
United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
Hotel Management, General Manager
Description At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Responsible for supporting the resort operation in the role of Manager on Duty for driving Owner and Guest Relations, and for analyzing key metrics to help improve overall guest satisfaction. Monitors daily guest feedback results and identifies trends in customer experiences as evidenced within internal and external survey data, guest correspondence, and direct customer interaction. Communicates trends in data to resort leaders. Engages all departments in resort operations to ensure plans and actions are in place and current in order to meet the needs and expectations of Owners and Guests. Acts as the “Service Champion” for the resort and seeks out opportunities to enhance the guest experience in all areas of the resort. CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area. OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Guest Relations Functions
- Manages the Guest Relations function and partners with GM, Leadership team and managers to address, respond and resolve all guest issues while guests are still in-house.
- Supports operations of resort by managing owner and guest relations, and analyzes key metrics to help improve overall guest satisfaction.
- Assists the GM & Director of Operations in resolving and responding to guest issues received through correspondence or submitted through Owner Services, the Guest Satisfaction Survey, the Customer Relations and Communications group or the Guest Relations group.
- Follows-up with guests who expressed a concern/issue to ensure complete satisfaction; composes response letters and tracks in the appropriate system(s).
- Performs daily resort inspections to include a combination of common areas, amenities, outlets, and guest units. Documents the condition of these areas and shares with appropriate leadership.
- Coordinates Manager on Duty efforts for the entire week ensuring the resort has proper coverage on all shifts throughout the week.
- Monitors daily guest feedback results and identifies trends in customer experiences as evidenced within internal and external survey data, guest correspondence, and direct customer interaction.
- Communicates trends in data to resort leaders.
- Develops and maintains action plans for addressing trends in guest/customer relations issues and assists in monitoring the progress of various departments.
- Actively participates in resort initiatives to reduce guest “problems” and drives improved problem resolution.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Reviews all Guest Compensation awarded and works to mitigate financial exposure to the COA and the organization.
- Engages all departments in resort operations to ensure plans and actions are in place and current in order to meet the needs and expectations of Owners and Guests. Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Improves service by communicating with and assisting associates to understand guest needs, and by providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Acts as the “Service Champion” for the resort and seeks out opportunities to enhance the guest experience in all areas of the resort.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere.
- Strives to improve service performance in all departments.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members as needed.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Supervises and manages select employees.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Facilitates various training activities such as Service Excellence, ADA, New Hire Orientation, etc. Additional Responsibilities
- Develops the resort’s Pre-arrival call process consistent with the company’s expectations
- Manages the Pre-arrival process on an ongoing basis.
- Performs special projects as designated by the General Manager and/or Director of Operations.
- Reviews all planned projects to determine the potential impact of a project to the guest experience and develops plans to mitigate unfavorable encounters for guests resulting from the work.
- Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant guest relations information in a timely manner.
- Identifies and analyzes guest relations challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Guest Services - Knowledge of procedures for wake-up services, safe deposit boxes, room and property amenities, property-specific programs (e.g., kids programs), guest rewards programs, and local attractions.
- Front Desk - Knowledge of procedures and policies for check-in/check-out; pre-arrival planning; Marriott Rewards Program; Corporate-sponsored programs; Property based systems; vendors, products, services, and merchandise; front desk supply management; room inventory management.
- Problem Resolution- Ability to record, track and resolve guest problems via property software handle emergencies, and effectively deal with customer issues and complaints.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.