Laundry Supervisor (Al Maqam)
Saudi Arabia - Mecca
Full job details
Swissôtel Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia - Mecca
Housekeeping, Housekeeping Attendant
Laundry Supervisor (Al Maqam) Primary Location : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Makkah-Swissôtel Makkah Employee Status : Regular “A passion for perfection” Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path. Laundry Supervisor. For the following department: Housekeeping Summary of Responsibilities:
- The ability to supervise the day to day operation of the laundry and dry cleaning sections.
- The ability to check the quality of processed laundry and dry cleaning work to ensure optimum quality of work.
- The ability to be responsible for rotating staff within all sections of the laundry for covering all jobs.
- The ability to be responsible for the training of the new employees.
- The ability to be responsible for ongoing on the job training within the department.
- The ability to capable of doing the work of any worker within the department in case of shorts or busy periods.
- The ability to record the daily linen production reports for the laundry Manager for the monthly production report.
- The ability to follow up and assist employees’ vacation requests.
- The ability to maintain an adequate stock of chemicals for the laundry operation.
- The ability to transfer personnel from one section to another and when needed.
- The ability to handle telephone calls professionally and courteously with a helpful attitude to the guest and follow up on employees.
- The ability to assist in the pickup and delivery of guest clothing (mostly on the PM Shift).
- The ability to respond properly to any hotel emergency or safety situation.
Qualifications: We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times