United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Full job details
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Sales & Marketing, Sales Manager
Events Manager Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Raffles Dubai Employee Status : Regular About Raffles Dubai: Not only close to Dubai’s best-loved landmarks, Raffles Dubai is one of them! This stunning landmark hotel in a distinctive pyramid shape, merges Asian style with an Egyptian aesthetic. Brilliant contemporary interiors, with 252 rooms and suits, faultless service and 7 superb restaurants and bars. At Raffles Dubai we provide our all colleagues with opportunities for continuous learning and development throughout their career. We are looking for talented, passionate and dedicated people who will continue the story and become part of our journey. Raffles Dubai promises exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles brand and complemented by Arabian hospitality values. Our core values of Excellence, Respect, Integrity and Caring serve as the guiding principles in everything that we do About Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises twelve luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world. If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as : Events Manager Summary of Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To handle all incoming leads from every source that want to book guest accommodation for 10 rooms or more and/or events such as conferences, weddings and accommodation
- To focus on selling Guest accommodation, Conference Space, Food and Beverage Outlets, AV, Spa and any other Hotel Services that generates revenue
- Will event manage from beginning to end, processing all the information pertaining to the booking in line with the SOP’s of the department, offering clients a one-stop-shop and one person contact point
- Yield guestroom and function space daily to ensure optimum potential through the use of Opera.
- Within established parameters, quote and negotiate prices.
- Conduct site inspections with prospective and existing clients.
- Responsible for preparing contracts that will go directly to the client for signature.
- Ensure that payment, deposits/cancellation fees where applicable are forwarded to Accounting.
- Responsible for dissemination of event information to the appropriate departments via emails, banquet event orders, resumes and rooming lists in a professional and timely manner.
- Conduct and/or attend daily department meeting to review event proposals, contracts and banquet event orders as well as business on the books.
- Conduct and/or attend daily Operations (BEO) meetings as well as weekly Pre-Conference Meetings to ensure that all departments have the most updated information and that last minute changes are communicated accordingly.
- Conduct and/or attend weekly/monthly departmental Sales and Operations communication meetings, as required.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required for Sales & Marketing as well as Accounting.
- Assist with compilation of competitive market intelligence on a regular basis.
- Maintain and update current account information in Opera and hard files as well as Ideas system
- Develop lead sources through prospecting, referrals, trace files, and sales calls occasionally.
- Exceed individual goals, monthly, quarterly, annually, through account development and maintenance, site inspection and entertainment.
- Develop and implement new sales strategies, tactics and action plans for account base.
- Be knowledgeable of and enforce local and state laws and regulations, with specific reference to health and safety.
- Establish good business and social relationships with the industry and participate in activities related to public relations in order to further increase sales leads for department as well as the hotel.
Be the “interface” between all clients holding events at Raffles ensuring at all times that the customer receives the best service
- Minimum of two years experience in hotel Events, Group Sales and/or Sales. Additional experience in the hospitality industry is an asset
- Working knowledge of Opera, Word, Excel, PM systems and other Sales & Marketing systems
- Good understanding of all hotel departments particularly housekeeping, front office, banquets and kitchen
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Must be organized and should have the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Should be a team player with a positive attitude
- Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Must be results oriented, self-motivated, creative, confident, and highly energetic personality
- Bachelors and/or Hotel Management degree desirable