Full job details
Primary Purpose of the role
The Catering Manager is responsible for the overall operation of a catering division. This involves not only running the catering division during an event, but also handling all the preparation before the event and after as well. A catering manager should work closely with clients to ensure their event is a success, and follow up with the client to get feedback after the event itself as well. Catering managers not only manage client relations but also maintain employee and vendor relations to run a successful catering division.
- A 'hands on' approach to the role and will be involved in the day-to-day running of the operation/ events,
- Planning menu in consultation with Operations Manager and Head Chef and Sales Executive;
- Liaising with suppliers, via purchasing;
- Supporting the Sales Executive in negotiating and closing the sales with the clients;
- Overseeing the management of the entire function, e.g. checking event bookings and allocation of resources/staff, liaising with HR to ensure sufficient staffing capacity, menu proposals, adequate transportation (aligned with transport supervisor) set up and breakdown after events, management during the event.
- Training of catering event employees;
- Ensuring hygiene and safety regulations are strictly observed;
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided;
- Maintain all catering equipment and produce event report on breakages / shortages of standard of catering items on a monthly basis
- Identifying and proposing new trends in the F&B industry
- Degree preferred in hotel / restaurant management or related field and/or equivalent experience e.g. leadership experience in fine dining or catering services required
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities including initiative, team building, results orientation, customer service, planning and organization, creativity, and innovation
- Working knowledge of industry standards
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer literacy
- Customer focus - Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations of internal customers and external clients. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. It is the measure of a person's ability to operate within the business environment through social communication and interactions. Interpersonal skill is how one person relates to others.
- ·Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.