Job Title: Head Baker
Shangri-La Hotel, Doha located in the heart of the premier business district, West Bay is the first choice for international business travelers among other luxury hotels in Doha.
Shangri-La Hotel Doha delivers a unique blend of Asian and Qatari Hospitality. The luxurious accommodation and lifestyle are complimented with the most exciting collection of dining and entertainment choices, offering exceptional value.
- Looks after the full bread and pastries production line.
- Coordinates in details on the restaurant / banquet / food production, and all specific duties to all employees.
- Responsible for smooth operation creating production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
- Constantly checks the quality of bread and pastries production line prepared with regard to taste and temperature.
- Insists on a uniform visual appearance of all bread and pastries production line.
- Presentation and garnish must be prepared according to standards.
- Monitors and fully implements the portion control established with the recipe cards and to minimize waste and spoilage.
- Checks stores and effective communication among the kitchens and other departments.
- Ensures smooth and effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments
- Responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of designated area and the equipment and committed to implement the Shangri-La Food Safety guidelines.
Experience and Skills Required
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a 5* international hotel
- Strong leadership skills; can motivate and train colleagues
- Guest and colleague-oriented
- Displays initiative and high creativity
- Has the passion and attitude to do the job and manage a team
- Strong understanding of Arabic and Asian style pastries