The overall scope of this role is to ensure that Hotel Inventory Stores are correctly maintained and controlled.
The job of Store Clerk is executed satisfactorily when:
- All goods received are labeled and verified
- Items are stored correctly and maintained in a safe, sanitary and organized storage
- Store requisitions are only issued with authorized request forms
- Responsible for entering issued goods into the system when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining proper labeling of items including name and dates, as well as the corresponding par levels.
- Responsible for issuing goods in a timely manner against the corresponding authorized requisition.
- Responsible for inventories of storerooms within the stipulated guidelines
- Responsible for alerting supervisor on dead or slow moving stock.
- Responsible for reviewing and recording any goods issued after hours.
- Responsible for ensuring that all storerooms are locked, supervised, organized, and clean at all times
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by Management and assisting in other areas of Purchasing as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with supervisor on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.