Team Leader - Concierge - Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is part of a new iconic five-towers complex in the capital of the UAE. It is bordered by the sea on one side and the fashionable Corniche on the other. It is easily accessible from the airport and close to the city's shopping malls, and the central business district and Ministries' area. The hotel features 396 uniquely designed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites, offering fully integrated lifestyle technology. Rooms range from 40m² to 60m² and the design led suites from 92m² to the 980m² Royal Etihad Suite on the 60th floor. 199 luxurious serviced residences are available for longer stays. A variety of restaurants and lounges offer an extensive choice of culinary temptations from the 63rd floor to the beach and include all-day dining and Lebanese restaurants with terrace seating. A dedicated executive lounge with all-day food and beverage offerings, an Internet lounge, shower suites and a business Centre with four meeting rooms, is located on level 45. The superbly equipped conference Centre, amongst the largest in Abu Dhabi, includes a ballroom, seating up to 1,400 delegates, 13 meeting rooms and large pre-function areas with sea view. Spend leisure time in the Talise Spa with 14 treatment suites plus Rasoul chamber and hammam, the extensive gym with state-of-the-art equipment, relax in a landscaped oasis of pools and gardens along the private beach or treat yourself to some retail therapy at the exquisite Etihad Towers boutiques.About the role
To be the main point of contact for the guests upon their arrival until their departure and to handle all enquiries throughout their stay in a friendly and effective manner always striving to exceed expectations and adhering to the Jumeirah Signature Standards.
- To work on a rotation basis within the Front Office, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standard required by the hotel.
- To be aware of all activities inside and outside the hotel and its layout.
- To extend a personal service to the guests and assist them in all their requirements.
- To handle the guest’s mail, take telephone messages and ensure that all faxes mails, and messages are distributed promptly.
- To handle packages, parcels and send unclaimed mail back to the sender.
- To ensure that at all times, an up-to-date selection of booklets, guides, maps and brochures for tourists and business travellers are available.
- To place emphasis on in-house restaurants and its facilities.
- Offer assistance for postal services.
- To arrange taxis, chauffeur-hire limousines and the bookings of travel, entertainment and tour arrangements for the guests.
- To supervise the guest services in the lobby and ensure that all areas are covered and kept clean.
- Co-ordinates the delivery and collection of luggage to and from guest rooms & guests approaching lobby with luggage.
- To maintain good working with his own colleagues and all other departments.
- To be prepared to work any duty assigned by the management.
- To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel's policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To respond to any changes in the Front Office function as dictated by the hotel.
- To lead the entire concierge team according to the Jumeirah Signature Standard and Step by Step.
- To assist the Guest Services Manager during his absence
The ideal candidate will:
- Be High School Certified
- Speak, write and type in English fluently.
- Have previous Opera Systems Knowledge
- Have pleasing personality
- Have customer service experience in a five star environment in Front Office.
- Have at least one year hotel experience in the same role.
- Have proficiency in spoken and written business English.
- Be competent in Opera
- Be competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to effectively Communicate with all levels of colleagues and Management.