Corporate Office - Director of Interior Design – FF&E
Full job details
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Projects professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of service and provide creative solutions.
As a Director of Interior Design - FF&E, you are responsible to provide technical support and assist the Projects team in maintaining, improving and developing the Rotana projects standards in the new properties.
Furthermore you have to ensure that interior design projects and FF&E specifications are being assessed, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Review interior design projects from layouts to detailed drawings and FF&E specifications. Check and review if standards and requirements are integrated into one unified scheme according to the hotel program, rating, location
• Advice on designs, material, colours and fabrics
• Coordinate activities of Interior Design firms engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents
• Prepare scale drawings of furniture, fit outs, or any ID related item that needs clarification, further detailing
• Prepare information and/or advice on design, materials, colour, and fabrics
• Lead periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans and requirements, and ensure that the final product is as per the original request
• Represent Rotana in meetings for the purpose of reviewing interior design proposals, contracts and mock ups
• Develop new schemes/ configurations/ ideas in different fields of the hotel industry (ex. Bedrooms/ bathrooms layouts, outlets, banqueting) as per new market trends or up to date concepts.
• Develop, design or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems or products, including artistic contributions necessary for the upkeep and further development of Rotana Standards with regards to ID
• Prepare snagging lists of unfinished or improperly finished items at newly opened properties
• Work on developing the Interior Design brand standards and guidelines in line with Rotana expansion plan and vision.
• Provide advice on the overall development of the Projects’ Department and on Rotana’s expansion plans in line with the company vision
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should be a licensed Interior Designer holding a professional University degree in Interior Design with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar field with a proven track record of project management. You must be having excellent computer and presentation skills (AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, PowerPoint …), along with outstanding communication skills in written and oral English and preferably Arabic.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be able to handle stress and work under pressure and bring along strong administrative skills, an analytical mind and the capability of being able to write concise reports. You will have a high level of self-motivation, develop innovative options in the best interest of the company while possessing following competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results