Commis Chef (Indian & Continental) Meliá Doha 5* Hotel
At Meliá Hotels International we value human and professional qualities. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us.
If you understand the importance of passion, integrity and innovation and can create and drive a culture of service with a touch of luxury than you are the person we are looking for.
As a Commis, you serve as an integral component of the outlet function by supporting the Kitchen Team.
Commis will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures the efficient operation of such food production in his/her areas he is put in charge of by the Chef De Partie.
- He assures on-going training and that the high standards set by the Chef De Partie are followed.
- He assures safe, quality food products and complete guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to maintain all standards set by the Chef De Partie establishes the manner and means to train personnel in his/her area of responsibility According to standard operating procedures.
- Maintains the highest food quality and controls for all food products Served in all areas, according to the needs and desire of the company.
- She/he is instrumental in assuring the highest health, sanitation and safety, Standards necessary in food handling and overall galley cleanliness.
- He guarantees that menus, recipes, methods, pictures and specifications given by the Chef is followed exactly.
- 1 year work experience as Commis Chef or 2 years as Apprentice in a hotel or restaurant with good standards
- Basic Culinary skills
- Good hygiene knowledge.