Captain - La Vita Bar (Female European Candidates Preferred)
Competitive expatriate package
Full job details
Reminiscent of a 16th century Italian Palace, Palazzo Versace Dubai is a Neoclassical masterpiece with subtle traces of Arabian architecture. Featuring a striking entrance, high ceilings, landscaped gardens, and a range of well-crafted Italian furnishings, the hotel is truly symbolic of the Versace lifestyle.
Set in the heart of the Culture Village, less than 15 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and 8 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Downtown Dubai, Palazzo Versace Dubai is conveniently located along the shores of the historic Dubai Creek. On arrival one is welcomed by the striking ‘Pietra di Fiume’ design of the iconic Medusa and Greek décor. A walk through the 5-star hotel’s public spaces reveals several exclusive designs and fabrics from the House of Versace, while the lagoon pools and reflection ponds complement the serenity of the lush gardens that surround the hotel – a true luxury retreat for leisure travellers.
Every single piece of furniture and fabric that adorns the hotel’s 215 hotel rooms and suites, and 169 residences, is designed and tailor-made by the House of Versace exclusively for the Palazzo Versace Hotel in Dubai. Each of the hotel’s 8 restaurants and bars is designed to have an al fresco terrace to reflect the heritage of Palazzos, where the internal court was the informal space to meet, dine and enjoy the weather. The three outdoor pools are decorated with mosaic tiles and surrounded by palm trees and flowers. The beautifully landscaped gardens and unobstructed views of the Dubai Creek and skyline, make this luxury hotel an ideal venue for weddings and social events in Dubai.
The Captain is responsible in overseeing the effective execution of the outlet, training and service.
As a Captain, you are highly committed to customer needs, staff necessities and care of the establishment. Assists the Outlet Manager and/or Assistant Outlet Manager to plan, organize and supervise all processes of the outlet and provides hands-on support.
- Provides hands-on support, direction and assistance to colleagues on all areas of their assigned duties ensuring highest levels of service and courtesy are provided to guests.
- Ensures that effective link is maintained between kitchen and service areas.
- Handle guest complaints according to policy.
- Ensuring restaurant set up is according to set standard.
- Develop and maintain an elegantly appointed environment, with superior colleagues, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience for all dining periods.
- Assist in training, supervising and disciplining all outlet colleagues.
- Ensure all meals are operated with sufficient manning according to availability, speed and efficiency throughout service.
- Conducts team briefing and training as delegated by the Outlet Manager/assistant.
- Performs opening and closing duties as when required ensuring that the outlet will be ready for the business opening.
- Take extra initiative to drive revenue, ideas and training needs.
- Ensure the correct and consistent service techniques for various meal periods will be demonstrated by all colleagues.
- Knowledge of P.O.S. system of hotel.
- Minimum 2 year experience in a 5 star luxury hotel environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organized and well planned
- Able to work with speed and efficiency throughout maintaining positive attitude.
- Knowledge of Micros system
- Certified Departmental Trainer
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Excellent English and any other language would be an advantage.