Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah - Chief Engineer
Full job details
you see yourself as Chief Engineer?
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal
is to make business travel work. That’s where YOU come in. When you’re part of
the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are
dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our
guests succeed too.
Plaza Resort Salalah sets in 45 acres of private tropical gardens and on a long
stretch of pristine sandy beach. the resort enjoys an ideal location for
Business, Meetings & Events and leisure Traveler's. Recline on a well-lit
beach and by the pool with sumptuous cuisine at the relaxing Crowne Plaza
warm welcome from friendly Omani staff as you cross 42 acres of lush,
landscaped gardens and enter into the gleaming lobby of Crowne Plaza Resort
Salalah. We'll show you to your room or suite, or point you towards our 3
interconnecting pools, tennis and squash courts or par-3 garden golf course.
shuttle bus whisks you from Salalah International Airport to Crowne Plaza
Resort Salalah in 10 minutes. We combine a resort getaway with easy access to
the centre of Salalah, just 10 minutes' drive away. Lush hotel gardens lead to
the gentle turquoise waters, lapping against beach.
drawn to our night-time attractions, from sumptuous themed buffets on the white
sand at Dolphin Beach Restaurant to Arabic singers and disco nights at Al-Luban
nightclub. Al-Khareef Pub, with its rich wood and stained glass, is a homely
space serving draught beers and nightly live entertainment. Dine al fresco on
the Arabic-style terrace of Darbat restaurant or sip cocktails at the Pool Bar.
Join us as a Chief Engineer. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously,
some key skills. The position of
Chief Engineer is responsible for the efficient operation of the hotel property
and all its equipment, ancillary maintenance and repair services and protection
of the Owner’s asset. Structural aspects as well as the maintenance of grounds
and external facilities all fall within the span of responsibility. For this vital role, we’re looking for someone who will be
1. Direct the overall operation of the engineering department to effect
efficiently supply of electricity, water, steam and conditioned air to the
entire hotel, through proper operation and maintenance of equipment and
2. Formulate ways and means to accomplish proper and more acceptable
maintenance and upkeep of guestrooms and public areas, in order to delight
guests and satisfy employees
3. Maintain and update comprehensive preventive maintenance programmes for
all electrical, and mechanical equipment
including general building works
4. Formulate and implement cost cutting schemes as a complement to meeting
the budgeted expense
5. Establish a workable solution in realizing an efficient and economical
generation and utilization of energy and other utility resources
6. Implement the rules and regulations of the hotel without sacrificing
staff morale or motivation
7. Establish training programs for the engineering staff
8. Monitor the implementation of proper care and maintenance of all fire and
safety equipment in the hotel and conduct regular audits
9. Coordinate with government agencies in updating and implementing national
and municipal laws and ordinances pertaining to environmental care and safety
10. As the designated fire chief of the hotel, performs all duties and
responsibilities required of the role to prepare and familiarize all employees
for actual emergencies and fire drill exercises
11. Ensures all staff actively participate in the preservation of the
environment and reuse, recycle or reduce whenever possible
12. Oversee the general maintenance of all life safety systems
throughout the hotel and report any major defects as well as implementation of relevant
sections of the FLS Policy
13. Report all accidents, dangerous occurrences, or hazards, no matter
how minor, to the Heads of Department
14. Supervise maintenance employees and contract employees who are
carrying out minor building work, electrical and mechanical installations.
15. Supervise and liaise with all contractors, write specifications
for all electrical, mechanical and associated building works complying with the
local government regulations and inspect and sign for contractor works upon
16. Recommend and evaluate energy conservation programs and ensure
they are carried out as well as investigate the wastage.
17. Any other duties and responsibilities as required by GM
return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package. Hotel
discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of
discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to
So what's your passion? Please get in touch
and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary
and benefits package.
more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the
tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Crowne Plaza Hotels &
Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from
all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global
hospitality company with over 5,000
hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing,
bring your passion to Crowne Plaza and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room
to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to
- Degree from a university in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering is
- Proven track record of a minimum 3 years’ experience as Chief
Engineer in a 5* resorts with
refurbishment & renovation experience from the Middle East is an
- High level of passion, enthusiasm and drive for results
- Charismatic leader who can inspire and motivate team
& ability to develop leading strategies to drive for best results.
level of common sense and high skill of problem solving and decision making
- Drive for results to outperform
Experience is a must.
“InterContinental Hotels Group” experience is preferred.