Director Conventions Sales
Full job details
W Doha has recently won the Best Hotel & Residence in the Middle East, awarded by the World Travel Awards. Being the first W in the Middle East, we are setting the tone for fashion and entertainment lifestyle in Doha and in Middle-East. Working for unique and refreshing lifestyle brand such as W and joining Starwood - one of the leading names in hospitality will open doors for many future career opportunities.
For more information about us, please visit:
The ultimate expression of style and sophistication, W Doha Hotel & Residences infuses your life with the unique combination of casual elegance and urban energy that only W Hotels can provide. Conveniently located in the West Bay of Doha, W Doha Hotel & Residences provides easy access to Doha's shopping destinations, embassies, financial district and culture. W Doha brings the world of entertainment, culinary delights, nightlife and personalized hospitality to Doha.
You will part of our Sales Team reporting to the Director of Sales.
As a Director Conventions Sales you are working within the Sales team, this position has responsibility for responding to all Group and Event enquiries in order to maximize revenue & utilization of meeting space, working to ensure, at a minimum, delivery of budgeted revenues. The Convention Sales Manager will manage and convert all business, including contracting, planning, creating Banquet Event Order in addition to managing group room and function diary inventory.
For this position, you need to:
To ensure that all group enquiries are entered into and reviewed on Group Optimizer in order to review suitability of business
Ensure the standard template of responses is used and that enquiry handling follows the EAME Divisional Group/Event Enquiry handling guidelines.
Ensure correct application of enquiry form procedure. Timeline for response back to client is defined by client expectations, which will vary for each request and must be confirmed with client at time of enquiry. (Standard response time is within 24 hours of receiving enquiry)
• Insure Activities are set in Opera and perform the tasks set by the Automatic activities.
• Compile Contracts for all Group and Events associated business according to the set Guidelines by the HOD
• Ensure that a copy of the proposal, contract and signed contract are attached to the Business Block for future reference and it the filing cabinet.
• Actively use TEAMHOT, ISAC and Star cite as a means of referral, achieving agreed targets & work to exceed preset targets
• Actively use SPP as appropriate & acquire full knowledgeable understanding of the program
• Actively sell the benefits of Star groups to all clients in order to meet specific on line revenues
• Contracting guest according to their needs and requirements
• Following up on payment methods and procedure adequate to each of the accounts and inquiries
• Issuance of the Banquet Event Order in accordance to the guests’ event details and requirements
• Coordinate with Banquet operational teams on in execution of the details mentioned in the relative BEO
• Create and maintain a business relationship with hotel guests to ensure repeat business.
• Identify and entertain high producing accounts
We want you to be passionate, innovative and to have an eye for detail. We want you to be an outstanding coach and mentor with strong leadership skills, highly committed to the development of your team and assisting in the development of a career path for direct reports. You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to build and maintain guest relations. You have a strong command of English and demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
BE W. WE’RE INTERESTED IN YOU
You have excellent knowledge of Opera Sales and Catering & PMS systems
A degree in hotel management would be considered a great asset
Take ownership for own development and ensure all deadlines are met.
Ability to work to a constantly changing market with revenue positive effect.
Detail Oriented and Hands-on